What do I need for a soundsystem?
    Tech Wizard

Default What do I need for a soundsystem?

Im thinking of starting a business that rents equipment for live shows. Speakers, P.A.s, subwoofers, amps, mixers, etc. anything a DJ (or even a band) may need for a show.

there are some good venues around but all their soundsystems suck. and then also, this could open up some nontraditional venues for shows. (think the White Strpies playing in a library)

any input? ideas? questions? doodles?

Tbh if you dont already know the answer to that question i think you really shouldnt be considering starting a business like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Conall View Post
    Tbh if you dont already know the answer to that question i think you really shouldnt be considering starting a business like this.
    Not necessarily.. But you will need to have a decent knowledge of what systems to use for different locations to get the best results.
    Have you thought about maybe taking some sort of audio short course? Also the overhead for this kind of thing is pretty outrageous..

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

If you have a customer asking questions you aren't going to be able to come on here and ask for the answers. If you really want to do this I would find a guy that knows what you need and hire him
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Wizard

i realize that i dont have all the information and knowledge i would need right now but i have to start somewhere. this wouldnt happen for a couple of years at least but in the meantime i can definitely learn what I need to.

but thank you for helping, i can see that this forum is very helpful