I want to upgrade, what midi do you recommend for a 4-band EQ panel
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default I want to upgrade, what midi do you recommend for a 4-band EQ panel

I've been using the Akai LPD8 solely for my 4-band EQ panel, and my APC40 does the rest of the work. I couldn't find a spot to fit the EQ on the APC40 so I've kept it with the little LPD8 for a while now.

Now I wanna upgrade, just for the EQ panel. I was thinking a kontrol x1 for the EQ + other functions (with traktor 2 coming out I could use those extra buttons/knobs for functions), but I hear it's not great for the EQ? Apparently the feel of the knobs aren't optimal? I don't know, I haven't actually felt the thing...opinions on this from users of the product?

Anyway what do you guys recommend? I want a midi that is:

-Not extremely expensive, but I can spend maybe 200-300 max.
    -Much more studier than an LPD8
    -Not huge, it's gotta be able to place nicely with a big apc40. Ideally below or to the side of the apc40
    -HAS TO BE ABLE TO HAVE 4-BAND EQ (this is crucial because I don't use 3-band eq)
    -Would be nice if it had some extra buttons/knobs for other functions, kinda need a few more buttons...or maybe even a fader or 2
    -LED lights would be ideal with it
    Last edited by rt24; 02-20-2011 at 01:14 AM.

APC40 can control everything when mapped right since it uses endless knobs and led feed back. you could make the knobs on the side for eq on like a mod page (I think that should be easy to understand) and then effect controls on another Hell if mapped right you can use it with the Xone eq section for further mixing fun.
    /人◕‿‿◕人\
    --Its not the OS, It's the user--

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by MuzicFreq View Post
    APC40 can control everything when mapped right since it uses endless knobs and led feed back. you could make the knobs on the side for eq on like a mod page (I think that should be easy to understand) and then effect controls on another Hell if mapped right you can use it with the Xone eq section for further mixing fun.
    Like I mentioned, I am already using all of the knobs on the APC40 for other functions. I don't like endless knobs for EQ either...that plus the APC40 knobs are way too bulky.

I am definitely looking for a new product, not advice on how to change my current set-up.

Quote Originally Posted by Garygary1 View Post
    livid instuments Code. the perfect box of knobs
    http://www.lividinstruments.com/hardware_code.php
    450 is a little expensive haha...it looks interesting though.
    Last edited by rt24; 02-20-2011 at 02:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rt24 View Post
    There aren't "endless" knobs, there are 17, 16 of which are already being used. Not to mention the feel of the knobs definitely aren't really good for EQ...way too bulky and they are endless.

I am definitely looking for a new product.

450 is a little expensive haha...it looks interesting though.
    So which is it?
    /人◕‿‿◕人\

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by MuzicFreq View Post
    So which is it?
    Caught me in mid-edit for that reason. Jeez you are fast.

Quote Originally Posted by rt24 View Post
    Caught me in mid-edit for that reason. Jeez you are fast.
    =p I know
    I dunno, im an endless fan since you can map so much to it and not have to worry about changing it back to the previous position. (one thing about the S4 Im not too fond of when I used one in GC with the effects.)
    /人◕‿‿◕人\

Tech Mentor

Any other recommendations?

Tech Mentor

http://www.djtechpro.com/product_det...451&sub_id=105

this could work if you remap the gain knobs for eq...only downer for your setup is it's height i guess.
    Stanton SCS3 System

Tech Wizard

behringer bcr 2000 will give you plenty of knobs. probably too big for you though. An
    m audio x sessions but that ll give you 3 band not 4

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast