CABLE (I promise not to buy Monster before asking) QUERY
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default CABLE (I promise not to buy Monster before asking) QUERY

I've been snookered twice now with the RCA/6mmStereo cable supplied with the Audio2 in finding an ideal set-up, and wish to replace the said cable with a longer option. Having a (2m) cable made up - is it worth spending a bit extra on 'better' cable and plugs?
    Thank you.

Tech Mentor

If you were asking about HDMI cable, I can safely say Monster isn't worth it. Since it's all digital signal. Not sure about RCA though =(
    Live Gear : MacBook Pro 13" & 15" (depends which one I grab), Kontrol S4, Midi-Fighter, Shure SRH750DJ, Dedication.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    itajen just told Chilly to read the fucking manual... lol
    *takes hat off and bows to itajen*
    Be the change you want to see in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by itajeN View Post
    If you were asking about HDMI cable, I can safely say Monster isn't worth it. Since it's all digital signal. Not sure about RCA though =(
    Thanks - certainly won't go Monster (been suckered already) - but there are reasonably priced options. I'm not sure about RCA/6mmS either. Surely the signal from the Audio2 output(s) is digital?

BTW - can you go eSAT/HDMI to USB(B) for the NI Audio2?
    Last edited by JonathanBlake; 02-20-2011 at 04:24 AM.

Tech Mentor

I couldn't answer you that, but I definately yelled at the guy that tried to sell my monster for my PC/Xbox/PS3. I was like prove it to me, because I know you can't. It's digital, it only goes as fast as the sending source. I ended up getting it for half off :P
    Live Gear : MacBook Pro 13" & 15" (depends which one I grab), Kontrol S4, Midi-Fighter, Shure SRH750DJ, Dedication.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    itajen just told Chilly to read the fucking manual... lol
    *takes hat off and bows to itajen*
    Be the change you want to see in the world.

Don't ever say 'buying' and 'monster cables' in a sentence, unless it is accompanied with "won't".
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

(Promise I) won't!

A/V Cable business is somehow confusing for non-educated customer. Easy to fall in the trap and waste lot of cash for nothing. Same goes in the Power-Bar-Super-Dooper-Noise-Filter-Power-Conditionner-Buy-This-Sucker business.

The cable coming with the Audio 2 are decent BUT a bit small gauge. It doesn't really matter that much, we just send dinky audio signal. BUT a gauge size over "often" comes with "better" shield. In most, see ALL cases, you're not going to notice sound quality, but "better" or "bigger" gauge with "better" shield "may" avoid odds and noise in harsh environments.

This said, Hosa do decent wire at decent price. Digiflex is another great one, but more expensive BUT usually, the connector can be open, so can be fixed (assuming the problem is inside the connector) or reused.

Worst place to buy audio wiring: BestBuy, Future-Shop & pals. Any pro-audio store offer better or equal quality at better price. Doing your own wire is great, but you NEVER save any cash. At least you know they're well done (assuming you know how to). I do mine... it's zen

it IS worth spending a bit more on a cable imo. There is a obvious difference in quality at the bottom end of the market.

I'd say pay £10 to £15 on a 2m rca to jack, especially if you rely on it for quality sound. Buy from a reputable source too, im sure a few people can recommend some. If not, check out www.AVForums.com, they'll be able to help.

You get analogue sound from your audio 2, not digital btw.
    Ecler NUO 3.0, 2 1210mk2, midi fighter, Kontrol X1, Akai LPD8, Reloop RHP10's, TSP, Audio 8

Howitzer on Soundcloud | Howitzer on Twitter | Howitzer on Facebook | Howitzer dnb blog

I do all my A/V cable shopping at www.monoprice.com . (US only i believe).

super cheap / fantastic quality and all types of cables and turnarounds available...

Tech Mentor

Monoprice never disappoints. They actually do ship internationally. But, of course, international orders are less attractive than domestic ones due to higher S&H fees.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast