A few questions about mixing - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

also for mixing like you do,
    1.get rid of the crossfader, they suck anyways unless mapped to do something else =p
    2.google rapidevolution and use that program for key detection,
    3.EQ transition and use the line faders in place of the crossfader.
    4.Play with the basic effects to learn what the parameters do
    5.Learn to play on multiple dj equipment (guitar center is cool for that) just iin case if something happens.
    6.Dont Rush in because if you do you will most likely look like a fool when you screw up and dont know how to pull it off or fix it.
    7. Read DJTT posts and forums
    8.ALWAYS take feedback and listen to them.
    9. Ignore trolls
    /人◕‿‿◕人\
    --Its not the OS, It's the user--

Tech Mentor

Hoodless all the songs I played were 172-176bpm and Traktor beatgridded them perfectly.

Hmm, Lucky you then, ive been playing the odd bit of DNB in bars for 2/3 month now, just dropping in 3 or 4 tracks in a 2 hour set, And ive only ever had one dnb track that traktors gridded perfectly. and ive around 30/40 dnb tracks gridded.
    DJM800 | 2xCDJ2000 | RMX1000 | Adidas HD25's
    2011 MBP | Traktor 2.6 | Kontrol S4 | Scratch Live | SL2
    Mac Pro | Ableton | Access Virus C | Maschine
    Facebook || Soundcloud || Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Hoodless View Post
    Hmm, Lucky you then, ive been playing the odd bit of DNB in bars for 2/3 month now, just dropping in 3 or 4 tracks in a 2 hour set, And ive only ever had one dnb track that traktors gridded perfectly. and ive around 30/40 dnb tracks gridded.
    I'd say 70% of the time it gets it for me. Alot of the time it needs tweaking though...
    Pioneer DJM 700 / Traktor Kontrol X1 / 2 x Technics SL1200MK5 / Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.7 / Ortofon Concorde Nightclub MK1
    Audio 8 DJ / Sennheiser HD 25-1 II / Magma Traveler / IsoAcoustics ISO-L8R155 / KRK RP6 G2 / Vinyl

Mine always tries to put it in at 140/150 and ive got to completely regrid it. My gridding settings are 120-170
    DJM800 | 2xCDJ2000 | RMX1000 | Adidas HD25's
    2011 MBP | Traktor 2.6 | Kontrol S4 | Scratch Live | SL2
    Mac Pro | Ableton | Access Virus C | Maschine
    Facebook || Soundcloud || Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Hoodless View Post
    Mine always tries to put it in at 140/150 and ive got to completely regrid it. My gridding settings are 120-170
    Should just be half of what it actually is... E.g. 87.50 and double it with advanced deck functions or work it out and type it in (unrequired effort though).
    Pioneer DJM 700 / Traktor Kontrol X1 / 2 x Technics SL1200MK5 / Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.7 / Ortofon Concorde Nightclub MK1
    Audio 8 DJ / Sennheiser HD 25-1 II / Magma Traveler / IsoAcoustics ISO-L8R155 / KRK RP6 G2 / Vinyl

Tech Mentor

Guys IMO the time needed to get a gig is not standard. I got my first gig when 16 years old, with very very little experience. Although I've managed to do my best and I ended up with a residency and the most profitable dj of the club. At the moment I can see that I've mada a huge progress and the truth is that this progress seems to have no end.
    So my opinion is you should train every single day and give passion on what you're doing. You will never regret it.
    15.4 mbp i5, NI X-1(x2), Allen & Heath Xone-42, NI Audio 4dj , TSP 2.0.1, Stanton Uberstand.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Philippro View Post
    Guys IMO the time needed to get a gig is not standard. I got my first gig when 16 years old, with very very little experience. Although I've managed to do my best and I ended up with a residency and the most profitable dj of the club. At the moment I can see that I've mada a huge progress and the truth is that this progress seems to have no end.
    So my opinion is you should train every single day and give passion on what you're doing. You will never regret it.
    This ^

I got my first gig at 15, i knew how to put a cd in and press play, and how to fade between tracks, not much else. Got a residency off that once i turned 16.

I've been to so many supposedly "good clubs" just to hear somebody crossfading between two copies of this years MOS compilation.

Don't worry yourself mate, knowing your music is 99% of the battle, and in my opinion you have a good taste in DnB, loving the track selection for this mix.

Just practice, play music you know well and love and you'll be amazing yourself before you know it.

Tech Mentor

Thanks Maxted. How did you get a gig at 15?

Tech Mentor

@Maxted I completely agree with you. The majority of clubs in greece are just having dj crossfading top 40.
    I am lucky enough to know enough promoters to get me gigs at these clubs.
    15.4 mbp i5, NI X-1(x2), Allen & Heath Xone-42, NI Audio 4dj , TSP 2.0.1, Stanton Uberstand.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast