Torq 1.5 or Traktor Scratch Pro? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by J.R. View Post
    ah, just remembered another thing which is limiting in TP if you want to use ableton too. You couldn't use the internal mixer and EQs if you want to route both or all 4 channel separate into ableton.

http://www.native-instruments.com/fo...ht=external+eq
    Thats not really limiting at at all though, because you crossfade and eq in Ableton anyway.

Tech Wizard

I like the EQs from traktor way more for djing that in the one ableton.
    And I like to see them on my monitor as well just for the visual feedback.

Don't get me wrong, I like TP much but there are really design decisions I don't get (I understand that it can be useful to blend the EQs out if you use an external mixer, but why don't make this just as an option? as you see in this NI thread there are many people who don't like it).

Sometimes I think they like do throw stones on your way. All I want is a sample accurate synced traktor to ableton, and that's possible, the technology is there for years. I guess they just don't want it. :-)
    Last edited by J.R.; 01-03-2009 at 01:42 PM.

The thing about Ableton EQ's is that you dont have to use Ableton EQ's, you can create your own eq3 using the eq8 if you wanted or you could alternativly use a vst. Thats the wonderful thing about Ableton - there is just so much control over what devices you put in and where you want to put them in the audio chain.

Honestly though, i dont understand NI's design decisions either - being able to have a tight intergration with a DAW like Ableton is clearly the future. I just hope they have something up their sleves to compete with this Ableton/Serato thing.

Tech Convert

@sgb...
    1.5 still allows you to route through Live, while still running torq as a DVS. I don't have Live yet, but I can't wait to get it.

I use Torq with the Xponent and have my Evo 4 sending tempo to torq via midi cable, so everything I play in torq is perfectly in sync with records I play or any other DVS system that is plugged into a channel on the mixer. That allows my friends and I to all play together... Serato, Traktor and Torq. This pic was taken at the Barrington Levy afterparty with my A&H XONE:92 (now gone... ) Alittle tight, but all 3 were there to represent!Attachment 490

Here is also a vid of me using Torq wit Xponent and Trigger Finger. Loops, samples, snapshots, fx. Part 2 is just the last 2:00 of the vid.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ye7P8v2_jjQ

I've been going to a friends house lately and playing with his Traktor and VCI-100 SE, and I have a great time on it. Fun program.

Tech Wizard

The thing about Ableton EQ's is that you dont have to use Ableton EQ's, you can create your own eq3 using the eq8 if you wanted or you could alternativly use a vst.
    sure you can, but I love the A&H EQ in traktor, sadly there is not vst for it :-)

..overall I think we have a similar opinion about TP and the future

Hey this is the right place for this question!

I am about to go and buy decent DVS system. From the brief examination i trimmed the list down to
    1]Native Instruments Traktor Scratch PRO
    2]Rane SERATO Scratch LIVE

I would go with serato, as i heard loads of "it's the best DVS" quotes, and is even little bit cheaper. But, i am traktor user and TS goes with traktor pro (which i am about to buy anywayz). Is there some real difference in these two DVS systems?
    DJ Blofeld - The Evil Genius
    I shall look forward personally to exterminating you, Mr. Bond.” Ernst Stavro Blofeld to 007
    Doomsday device: TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO, AUDIO 8, VCI-100black 1.3, 2x Technics SL1210mkII

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Kupujte_Pytle View Post
    Hey this is the right place for this question!

I am about to go and buy decent DVS system. From the brief examination i trimmed the list down to
    1]Native Instruments Traktor Scratch PRO
    2]Rane SERATO Scratch LIVE

I would go with serato, as i heard loads of "it's the best DVS" quotes, and is even little bit cheaper. But, i am traktor user and TS goes with traktor pro (which i am about to buy anywayz). Is there some real difference in these two DVS systems?
    you seem to havent done lots of research. look at my post a couple pages earlier which explains my point of view. simple answer if you wanna play mp3s on vinyl get srato. if you wanna do more, but also spend more time on it get traktor. if you wanna do even more get torq, but be a computer ace...

Tech Wizard

KLOSELINE: as much as I'm interested in torq, I don't think that it is an advantage over TP in terms of "can do more". they are just different.

I have only read the manual (there is no torq demo), but I don't see beatjumps and 4 decks which are really creative tools. Im not 100% shure, but I think you can't route two decks into one FX unit in torq and use it as a "master" effect, which is great. and looping in TP is better too (this "back" looping in torq sounds fun, but I think TP with it's great control over loops is still superior )

in torq you have the sampler (great tool) and vst effects and a better integration into ableton (sweat!) and warping (as a techno/house/electronic dj I have no need for it).

Every tool has its pros and cons - there is simply no best tool.

Only what is best for you as an individual - so its up for each and every one of us to determine what is best for us.

Traktor has some tough competition but it is whats best for me, when it comes to jumping around the track with advanced transport controls like a madman there is nothing like Traktor. This kind of manipulation is the bread and butter of my mixing so it is whats makes Traktor the best program for me. When another program has as good a looping controls, beatjumps, cue control and transport controls ontop of a tighter intergration Ableton i will start singing another tune.

Tech Wizard

you guys should check out DjDecks. It's a very powerfull customiseable software (currently windows only) which has a very nice DIY attitude with the developer Adion constantly adding new features and improving on existing ones, and really listening to wishes of users.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast