How do you temporarily store effects for later use?

Default How do you temporarily store effects for later use?

Hey guys,

I am not sure if this has already been covered on this forum - I tried doing searches and I was getting similar stuff but not exactly what I am looking for.

This is basically what I want:

Lets say I am doing my mix ... got my desired effects listed and everything is going well. Now lets say I want to engage a super-effect knob which changes many of my effects to something else. What are the steps I need to take in order to map a button to restore the effects that I previously had?

I do not want the button to be mapped with certain effects preset. Instead, I want the button to probably take a snapshot of my current effects and then after I used my super effect knob, to go back to my previous layout of effects by pressing the same button again.

I know how to map superknobs and I believe I know how to map modifiers that go from 0 to 1 and 1 to 0 so I can have this reset button to do different things depending on it's state. The only part I am unsure of is how to take a snapshot of the effects I have up before I engage the superknob and then go back to them with the click of a button. I'm assuming it has to do with the snapshot feature in Traktor, but can I map that to a button? I couldn't find anything in the Controller Manager page.

Thank you for your help! If this in fact is impossible, I guess I can map my super knobs to decks 3 and 4 and just toggle Effects 3 and 4 on or off - or I guess I can just map presets for my most used effects but I first want to see if this is possible before I do that approach.

i think this is what you are lookin for...

there is a little camera button next to your fx slot. when you click this is takes a snapshot of the current fx settings, and stores them as your default fx settings for when you load those fx. so in short... set your fx to the parameters you like and click the camera. then map your button to load these fx, and when you press load, these fx will all pop up with your desired default settings.

hope this helps

Couple Questions:

EDIT: I found the button that maps the snapshot button yey! Progress!

Next, I don't care too much about the parameters - What I care more is about getting the actual effects on the screen. So I have to map those PARTICULAR effects to a button? I usually use the same types of effects but depending on the song, I like to change it up a bit. So there is no way for me to program it so it will remember what effects I had before I pull a superknob?

If I have to map which particular effects I want, I guess that is fine because for like 60-70% of the time those are the effects I would use anyway. But it would be nice for traktor to just load the specific snapshot.

Any other ideas from other people or can you not load your last snapshot?
    Last edited by Nales; 02-21-2011 at 02:41 PM.

Tech Guru

The "camera" just remembers the parameters and on/off. So the next time you switch to that effect it won't be on etc.

So yes you have to map them, you can either cycle through the effects or directly select the effect with a push of a button. Your looking for the effect select from the add in menu. Depending on what you want to use, Chained or Advanced effects select the add in accordingly.

I have 16 buttons that change the effect on the first push and the second push set the parameters. Just a way of mapping to get two uses out of one button.

Hmm that stinks ... but I guess I will just have to start mapping! I guess I will just use FX3 and 4 for all my super combo stuff and have the button toggle on/off the decks.

Thanks guys!

Tech Guru

The only other option I can think of is to have a modifier as an encoder and relative. Then have the effect select on that modifier and on the same encoder. That will only allow the effect select to activate when the super knob is at a certain amount. But it not very accurate.

Say you turn your superknob from 0-80 activating your effects. Then anywhere from 80-100 will decrease the dry/wet and 100 will change your effect to whatever you want.