Missing/stolen Gear From Luggage
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard
    Redondo Beach, California | Canary Islands, Spain

Default Missing/stolen Gear From Luggage

Has anyone ever encoutered this, i just traveled internationally, and im missing a controller, and my audio 4 dj soundcard from my luggage, i sent an claim email, but it really sucks. Has it ever happened to anyone, and what where the results? did you manage to get anything back, or even money for your items?

Sorry to hear buddy! Don't have any experience with this, but my thoughts are with you!
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

whats worse is the idea that that couldnt possibly the only bag someone went through.

i hope you can work it out.
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

Do a lot of follow up for the claim. If you used a credit card for the plane tickets sometimes they offer insurance for lost baggage and hotel relocation. Depending on where it happened options vary. If the flight was with connections, ie you went from spain to UK to USA, without seeing your luggage then you are more SOL since pinpointing in what connection the theft took place will be harder and the plane company would just blame each other. Still good luck!!
    Erase. Stop. Start.

Sorry to hear that as well! Things like this is why I always travel with all my equipment in my checked luggage, things go missing way too fast when flying nowadays.

Tech Guru

Why am I more worried about the people working for the airlines/airports than the thought of someone high jacking a plain?
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2, 2X Stanton STR8-80, 2X Denon DN-S700, Akai APC40 + APC20, DDM4000, KRKRokit 8, HD25-II, iPad (Touch OSC)

Tech Wizard

because, people looking through your stuff and stealing your gear is a lot more realistic and probable than, the odds of a plane being highjacked, cus one of them happens everyday, and the other is a very rare occurrence.

Tech Mentor

As mentioned already, you may be covered by multiple parties. Credit company would be one, if you or you family have home insurance it "may" be covered even if the items weren't in the house (though there may be a deductible). Does the airline provide any liability for missing items ? Was there anything in your luggage (like a slip of paper) indicating that your bag was open and searched for additional screening?

It's all a huge pain in the arse but you may need to put some time into pursuing these avenues if you want your gear back or financial compensation. Do you have the original receipts for the missing items? They will be useful too.

Going forward, take all your stuff as hand baggage even if that means you are over the allowance for the number of bags you can take on the plane. Worst case, the attendant makes you check the bag but that mean it goes to the front door of the aircraft and then directly into the hold - far fewer greasy hands for it to pass through!

Good luck!
    Beats By Dre is like audio flu for your balls.

Tech Wizard

if we bought something at djtt is the receipt the order confirmation? or do we need the actual piece of paper that was shipped with it, if so can we get a new copy or no?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast