How do you choose your music for the beginning when nobody's at the party yet?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default How do you choose your music for the beginning when nobody's at the party yet?

Hey guys,

Excuse me for the rookie question. Still just starting out in terms of gigs and got one of my first big ones coming up in two weeks. Just wondering, how do you choose your music for the beginning of the night when there are only few people at the party? I love all my music so much that I feel like I just want to save it all for when the party is jumping with tons of people. How do you choose the music for the beginning of the night, and still save all the sweet bangers for later?

Thanks

lots of stuff no one really knows but you think they should know....

generally i play some afrojack/early guetta/generally stuff they wouldnt request

Tech Mentor

i play stuff i want to hear. normally i like stuff i dont play at parties so i rock that first to get myself stoked

Tech Guru

I like to play songs that everyone knows, but it's been a few years since they heard it. I try to start off slow and build up. I dj at clubs/ bars and usually for a general crowd so I def. cant start off with any dance music.

If your playing that early, you really shouldn't be playing bangers unless your the only Dj that night. That, more than anything, will piss off the promoter and the later dj's

Thanks for the feedback everyone. Thanks for the clarification Gary. Yes, this question assumes that you're the only one playing all night.

Alright then. To answer your original question, start off slow with tracks at a lower bpm and then work your way up to the high energy, faster tracks (your bangers).

i always thought (for mobile djs who play top 40 and older pop and such) that you play more relaxed songs

as for legit party music, play what you want at the start. maybe some classic tracks everyone knows
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by GI Trackt View Post
    Just wondering, how do you choose your music for the beginning of the night when there are only few people at the party
    I pick music the same as for any other part of the gig...I play for the people who are in the room at the time.

Tech Mentor

i usually just play out and old mix

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast