Traktor Kontroller OVERKILL - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Tech Guru

A couple of things. I have the same laptop, well an older version mines about 4 years old, runs perfectly tho. The studio xps are good laptops they are business class ones so generally.

Nemonic who cares who he works for!!! I dont I care how sucsessfull he is I care how good he is. Maybe ur a big jonus brothrs fan!!

He hasnt got the setup layed out in a very logical way. I think its plain for every1 to see. However loads of controllers can be very good especially if you run two normal decks and 8 sample decks.

PS how do you know he works for NI. Did you meet him at stanton. I didnt know NI folks where allowed to talk to stanton. SCS1D that would of been a good controller. SORRY ABOUT THIS WATCHED THE VIDEO YDAY AND COMMENTED TODAY 4GOT BOUT THAT
    Last edited by tombruton69; 02-22-2011 at 01:20 PM.

He said he worked for them in the video.

Banned

I understand the want for the extra X1's when using an S4, no need to worry about what decks you currently have selected, and you have instant access to all four FX units. That part makes sense to me.

And he could do what a lot of other DJ's do with the maschine. They have Ableton Running on the same laptop in the background and just have all the audio routed internally. That would make the most sense and that's what I'm looking to do as soon as I scoop up a new controller that I like for Ableton.

Quote Originally Posted by nem0nic View Post
    Not to put too fine a point on it, but who cares what you think? He's working for NI, spinning out regularly in a major city, and teaching at Dubspot. Where's your video showing us how it's done?
    Wow, didn't think giving your opinion in a discussion forum would be met with such hostility. :eek:

I am very sorry to have pissed you off, as it was not intentional.

Never said he wasn't talented, sucessful, etc. and you are right, my opinion doesn't matter.
    None of my posts were intended as negative, and I don't think they were. Looking back on all the posts by everyone, only one seems to be a really negative comment, but still, that is that persons opinion, and this is a discussion forum. Just because some one doesn't agree with the set up does not make the comment negative. So the perception of negativity in this thread is a bit overblown in my opinion. If you don't agree that is ok too, as everyone is entitled to his/her opinion.

Also my last comment to you included that I have nothing but respect for Endo, and I was nothing but nice and respectful to you, only to have your barbed comment(the most negative thing in this thread) thrown back at me.

Anyway, I posted the video because I liked all the shiny NI equipment all working together, and thought others would like to see it also. I also gave my opinion of the set up as this is a discussion forum,and we are dicussing the set up in the video.

I appologize profusely if anything I have posted has offended you or anyone else, or is construed as negative.

Quote Originally Posted by haze324 View Post
    *note: the kit on the side is Dubfires set up. DJM-800, two X1's and Maschine. One laptop. He also had an Ipad off to the side, not sure what for.
    I don't think that's an DJM800, looks like a Xone: DB4 to me ! (He's said he loves the DB4) and i only see him playing on Xone's lately.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VanGogo View Post
    I just think he could do alot more with all that lovely equipment.
    Quote Originally Posted by nem0nic View Post
    Not to put too fine a point on it, but who cares what you think? He's working for NI, spinning out regularly in a major city, and teaching at Dubspot. Where's your video showing us how it's done?
    I agree with VanGogo. If it works for Endo then that's great, but there's many more possibilities with all that equipment than what he's got it mapped to do.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

I bet he's getting hate posts cuz he said the XPS was faster than a mac.

Dems iz fightin' words 'round deez parts!

Endo is such a fucking cunt. I can't even stand to hear the guy talk anymore.

Maybe if he gave some useful information every now and then, but…well…he doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by D@VE! View Post
    I don't think that's an DJM800, looks like a Xone: DB4 to me ! (He's said he loves the DB4) and i only see him playing on Xone's lately.

Yep it's a DB4 :

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast