DJ Tips before playing a gig
    Tech Wizard

Default DJ Tips before playing a gig

Hey all,

I just thought of and submitted these tips on a DJ website. They're now there for you to see. Could be useful for debutant DJers out there

Feel free to add to the list and add comments

http://www.challands.com/DJ-tips.html

Tech Mentor

Nice website! A lot of the tips are pretty well-known, but I like how you stress this balance between teaching and pleasing the crowd. I'm especially gonna remember the "make the girls dance first" part, never really thought of it that way but it makes sense. I always wondered why no one danced to the unknown upcoming bangers I sometimes play early in the evening, but coming to think of it, I wouldn't get my crazy ass on the dancefloor going mental either if the chicks weren't moving too.

Tech Wizard

Really nice website you've got there! As a beginner I'll be sure to check it out. Thanks!
    MBP 15" Core i5 - Traktor Kontrol S4 - Sennheiser HD 25-1 II - Lamborghini-yellow KRK RP6 G2's

Tech Guru

know what cables to bring and fucking bring them.

Tech Wizard

Good point about the cables fella. I've got caught out with that a few times and have had to either kane it back home to pick up some more, or rummage through some random club cables before finding what I wanted.

Yep making the ladies dance first!! Get the dogs on after to follow them. Then you get the ones that just dance cos everyone else is, who need about 50 people up before they dare twitch a finger.

Would you dance if there were just a couple of guys up there? Apart from in gay clubs, I'd say your answers is no

Always have a few lady dancer secret weapon tunes to bring some bouncy curvy bodies onto the floor. It's the door to DJ dancefloor happiness.

Appreciate your comments and remember, there is some kind of a comment form on the site: you can leave a tip and your DJ website to credit you back.

Go for a slash before your set starts?

No one wants to use the bucket in the booth ...
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock Ohms View Post
    Go for a slash before your set starts?

No one wants to use the bucket in the booth ...

you guys call it "a slash" over there?

haha i like that.

Tech Wizard

Yes fella, "slash" is a common slang amongst us boys and what you chaps refer to as "going to the John".

You wouldn't catch decent girls saying it though.

But that is a particularly good tip that I didn't mention, thanks a lot.

The amount of times I've had to run to the bog only to have some drunk wideboys in the way, or some cokehead taking ten minutes to come out because the toilet top is curved and not flat.

Fortunately, we all have a tune that lasts for 7-8 minutes to try to get through this desperation.

One night though, there were too many people at the "john" for me and I had to run into the street and find some dustbins to piss in.

Relief.