KRK 8's and 10s review. Also Xone DB4 vs Nexus talk - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by seosly View Post
    Don't Dwight all over the place..
    LOL who is that.... alex? get to work, lazy sob.

this TSP certified stuff is lame... so there is basically no point in buying a mixer with a built in sound card if u are planing on using time coded vinyl? this is kind of lame.. . i feel like im at a cross roads... scratching vinyl is dope... but its starting to sound like a huge hassle to have time coded vinyl and a digital set up, and go places with it..

Glad you like the speakers mate!

The whole "what mixer should I buy?" debacle is a fuckn tough one.

I'm over buying a TSP certified mixer for my own reasons, plus those reasons mentions above. Especially if I'm paying extra money just for that certification.

Behringer really sold me on the DDM4000, I LOVE this mixer.

The Nox606 is probably going to be mine when it comes out. But before I heard about the Nox series being released I was almost dead set on a Xone:92.

For me the DB4 does to many redundant things. I want my 4 channel external mixer to have:

Master Volume

Channel Volume

Channel EQ

Channel Fader

Pre-Fader Headphone Cuing

Aaaaaaaand other than having a certain want for an FX send/return loop (Kaoss Pad fun), thats about it.

I use the effects in Traktor currently, and if I'm going to play time-code I have an audio 8...

And just as an aside, you can bring your own mixer with you to a club as long as there is space on the stage for it, you just send your master out into the line input on one of the channels of the clubs DJ mixer. I do it a lot actually.
    I'm addicted to WoW.

Please do not bother me about being a productive member of society.

Yeah im going to take it slow choosing a mixer. Right now im going to just get traktor 2 and an audio 10 when it comes out. and im going to hopefully have fun making a creative remaping for oxygen 8 with a foot switch... If you have ideas or can help im a complete novice.. I know i wana map keys to beat mash each set with a different value... traktor 2 will have the s4 sample banks or whatever there called right? so if theres a way to either preset cues or create cue points and rejuggle with the keys as im playing that would be dope. Also any other ideas you may have would be cool to hear. ir would be sick to make a looper on the oxygen if traktor has that.

as for the mixer i was thinking a xone 92, but theres no effects so what would i control trakotors effects with? it seems like id be running out of usb ports quick!..... with a kaosilator, its hooked up to the mixer, so the usb isnt an issue. i do have a cooling mat/powerd hub.. but thats one more thing to lug around.. ne ways can u use the kaosilator as an effects box with the tracks ur playing through ur mixer? also if you have 2 laptops.. say one running ableton and an apc 40 and the other traktor and 4 decks... can you use the kaosilator on both or do u need individual kaosilators.

and i hate denon!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12