"In The End" - Electro/dubstep
    Tech Mentor

Default "In The End" - Electro/dubstep

heres something Ive been workin on. Really focused on structure and synths. what do you think?

Tech Wizard

you have some sick sounds and a nice idea with the style of the track. but the structure of it is whack. i honestly cant believe how good your sounds are but how horrible the structure is. for one the first build up sets u up for a big drop, but then it basically turns into another build up, followed by that pretty cool hoover sounding synth that the bloody beatroots used, which is great sounding with the wobble but i think that should be your switch up. you need a big nasty banger of a drop.

edit: but yeah i hope you didnt take that the wrong way, as im no amazing producer. but thats the main flaw that just stood out and screamed at me. but i really was amazed with your sounds. you just gotta redo your mix and add some things.
    Last edited by lyons238; 02-27-2011 at 12:07 AM.
    15" MacBook Pro (HR AG, 2.4gHz Q i7, 8GB RAM, SSD + HDD) | Focusrite Saffire 6 | VCI-100 | Oxygen25 |PadKontrol | Ultrasone Pro 900's | Logic 9 | Reason 6 | Traktor LE

Tech Convert

God those sounds are great! (have you secretly watched a tutorial on the warp synth? )

As stated above, you need a massive banger. easy:
    1. mute (not literally) two bars before the drop.
    2. reverse a crash wav that sounds wide and place it in front of the drop.
    3. that white noise is great, let it fade out (reverb) in the silent part.
    4. get your best and most energetic synth lines and add a 4/4 kick with snares on counts 2 and 4. Unless it's real dubstep you're making, but then you have too much synth layers going on where the wobble's playing, you need to really showcase that wobble.

tip: don't overlay too much audio, risk of sounding muddy.

just my 2 cents.