[OT]: Illiterate scribblings - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Oh and and another thing. It's 'as opposed to' not 'as a pose to'

<shoots self in face>
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

Following a forray into the NI forums I would like to add the total inability to use punctuation to mylist of hates it is totally ridiculous to write a full paragraph or more of text with no punctuation and makes it very hard to read what is more the same post is often about 15 lines long asking several questions but it's so exhausting reading it that you don't find them thanks for any help in advance kthxbai.

Damn, there's an apostrophe in the middle.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Quote Originally Posted by space monkey View Post
    eh hem.

Bugs me as well. Saddens me even more when I can read a non-native write an intelligible paragraph in English better than someone in my own timezone. Assuming I'm back in the States...
    I speak two languages fluently and a third I can get by enough to make friends and go for drinks. Currently trying to pick up Malayalam but that's gonna be a while...a very long while perhaps.
    ok, i made A typo 5 minutes after i woke up. oops :/
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

Tech Mentor

what pisses me off even more than bad spelling (which i dont always catch as English isnt my first language) is people qoting the OP in the 2nd post, ffs who else would you be talking to?!
    Xone 42, X1, Audio 8, Maschine mikro

Tech Mentor

The problem of bad spelling/grammer, no punctuation, internet shorthand ect is compounded for me...

Since I use text to speach software to browse the net if the post is bad enough it almost sounds like my pc had one to many drinks. I have to go through a post word by word, letter by letter sometimes to make any sense of what was written. This doesn't happen here very often thankfully.

Good written language skills benefit everyone.

lyk so wut if i typ lyk dis u stil undrstnd me rite?
    "Listening to Techno without bass is like trying to get yourself off without using your hands."
    My music blog: www.thevlyhouse.com

tooted and booted i say.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    Following a forray into the NI forums I would like to add the total inability to use punctuation to mylist of hates it is totally ridiculous to write a full paragraph or more of text with no punctuation and makes it very hard to read what is more the same post is often about 15 lines long asking several questions but it's so exhausting reading it that you don't find them thanks for any help in advance kthxbai.

Damn, there's an apostrophe in the middle.
    Nice way to prove your point XD.

As many know, english is a second language to me and do my best to write well. It has been nearly 7 years since I wrote "proper" english and forum talk isn't really the best way to keep it fresh but it's the only medium I have today to preventing from rusting completely.
    Last edited by padi_04; 02-23-2011 at 03:53 PM.

I don't know exactly why that is, but what pisses me off the most is when people use "would of", "could of" or "must of" instead of "would have", "could have" or "must have". I just hate seeing that for some reason Other than that, I'm not really bothered too much by the wrong spelling or lack of punctuation.

English is not my native language, but I noticed that many non-native speakers actually know English better than their own language, specifically the technical aspects of it such as grammar and punctuation. I think that's partially because unlike their native language, which in most cases comes naturally, they actually had to study English at school or elsewhere which is why they usually pay more attention to spelling, punctuation, etc. Another reason is a simple fear of being embarrassed for having said or written something wrong. That's why many non-native English speakers prefer to double-check and triple-check before saying or posting anything For example, I re-wrote this last paragraph like 20 times before posting
    2 + 2 = 4

Quote Originally Posted by Ashigari View Post
    what pisses me off even more than bad spelling (which i dont always catch as English isnt my first language) is people qoting the OP in the 2nd post, ffs who else would you be talking to?!
    well, im my case, i might have the thread open for 10 minutes before posting. there have been some quick derailings in some threads.
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast