Board of standard Mixing???
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Board of standard Mixing???

I have been mixing with Traktor for about a 5 months now. At first It was really interesting and exciting for me but now I cant keep myself interested in just standard mixing. I'm typically a vary creative person and I have ADHD so I always have to switch things up to stay interested. I have been thinking about switching over to Ableton and using a APC40 right now I use Traktor with an x session pro as a mixer and X1 for other controls. I'm looking to get more creative with manipulating music in a good way (not destroying the track) and adding more of a personal touch with loops & sounds maybe.

I guess I'm just wondering what anyone who can relate to this dose to keep themselves interested. DJing is not my job I do it as a creative hobby of mine. I'm just looking to push my creativity to the next level with the right tools.

Thanks

Become an fx jedi

I dunno man tbh i just throw in loops and stuff and try to mix things differently and do what i like to call 'genre mash'.....
    I play everything Indie/ Rock/ HipHop/ Cheese/ Electro/ Dubstep and anything that sounds good

Tsp 1.7/ Tsp 2/ Sony vaio Win 7 4gb Ram / Macbook Pro 13 inch (Main machine) /vci 100 se/ mixdeck/ audio 8/ technics rph headphones/ Custom xBox Controller/ Akai Lpd8

LEARN HOW TO SCRATCH!!!! learn how to dj with out the aid of traktor, only look at it to change songs. beat match manually. you're bored because you're probably just playing to yourself, get some gigs if you think your that good.

Tech Guru

i usually go to effects i under use and see how i can use them in a way they werent intended
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2.7, MBP 13", iPad 2 & TouchOSC, Reloop NEON, Pioneer DJM750mk2, Mackie d.2, Pioneer CDJ800 x2, Technics SL1210MK2 x2, NI Audio 6 DJ, Dicers,

Tech Wizard

I don't ever really see myself being a scratch DJ. I really don't like too even call myself a DJ to be honest. I'm just passionate about music. I think I may try out Ableton tho. I seems like a good program to take out bits and pieces of songs and incorporate them with other sounds and loops. I guess you could say I'm looking to create mixes with more of "ME" in them. I have not played at a venue but I have played for party's. I find it more fun when I have an audience for sure but weather I play for an audience or myself I still dance and get crazy into the music which I cant help anyway. Thank you for the recommendations tho.

4 deck mixing, add drum loops and stabs to decks c/d while still mixing on decks a/b
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Tech Wizard

I'm torn between waiting for the new traktor and going with ableton now. Having sample decks would be a nice feature.

I'd say wait for Traktor 2 which is a cheap upgrade if you've already got TP.

Probably safe to see what the new program will allow you to do before going to spend a lot of your money? The sample decks look unreal... there's definitely a personal edge you've been looking for.
    MAKE SMILES
    ACER Aspire 5755 | TP 2 | MIXED IN KEY | S4 mk2 | LPD8 | MDR-V700 | ODYSSEY L STAND
    SOUNDCLOUD | FACEBOOK| TWITTER

Make your own music.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by djcaptainshawn View Post
    LEARN HOW TO SCRATCH!!!! learn how to dj with out the aid of traktor, only look at it to change songs. beat match manually. you're bored because you're probably just playing to yourself, get some gigs if you think your that good.
    This is great advice. Even if you don't think you'll ever want to be a scratch DJ, I've found that when I play music and rely much less on software I get involved more and it becomes more "ME". While all the button-pushing opens up tons of doors, when I want to have fun --- I hop on the NS7. I haven't had a chance to play on it in months and am looking forward to soon. The aspects of grabbing a track with the platter, having to beatmach manually, etc. gets me involved more. You can do similar thinkgs in traktor....minimize your decks so you don't have large waves or grids or phase meter and force yourself to manipulate the tracks. In the end what I find is that I think back and say "man that would've sound great at that point" and it brings out creativity it me by being more involved. Anyone would get bored of beatgrid, sync, EQ's, volume fader, transition.
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast