Getting started with Arduino.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Getting started with Arduino.

Could someone please help me with getting started with Arduino please.

Just a point in the right direction books websites ect ect.

I have some basic programming skills based mostly around Picaxe.

Thanks
    I play everything Indie/ Rock/ HipHop/ Cheese/ Electro/ Dubstep and anything that sounds good

Tsp 1.7/ Tsp 2/ Sony vaio Win 7 4gb Ram / Macbook Pro 13 inch (Main machine) /vci 100 se/ mixdeck/ audio 8/ technics rph headphones/ Custom xBox Controller/ Akai Lpd8

What are you looking to do with your Arduino? The best starting point would be the official Arduino Example page. I'm guessing you want to use it for MIDI control, so check out the examples on using the digital/analogue reads and writing to serial. Or this MIDI specific example.

As an example of what you could do with your Arduino, here's my (shameless plug) MIDI controller I've just completed. The full source code is included.

Quote Originally Posted by fraganator View Post
    As an example of what you could do with your Arduino, here's my (shameless plug) MIDI controller I've just completed. The full source code is included.
    That is an excellent tutorial! I'll be borrowing your code I think...

BTW - I notice you didn't include a midi port on your interface... are you going to try incorporating the LUFA library instead? is it much work or something relatively easy to do?

Thanks

At the moment MIDI messages are sent over the serial port from the Arduino to the PC where another piece of software reads them. That then sends them over a virtual MIDI port to Traktor. It's not the nicest solution, but it does work and I can't say I've noticed any latency. I'd like to use the LUFA library, but that's on hold until the next version.

ah I see...

what about just adding a midi port to the arduino? isn't that just a socket, resistor and a a few wires? I guess you'd need to modify the code?

Also, I'm looking at your code (it's really nicely commented btw) and trying to work out the best way to incorporate it so that it works on a Mux Shield (http://mayhewlabs.com/products/arduino-mux-shield).

The multiplexer Mux example code looks reasonably straightforward: http://mayhewlabs.com/code/Mux_Shiel...In_Example.pde

What would be the best way to approach this?

What are you looking to do with your Arduino? The best starting point would be the official Arduino Example page. I'm guessing you want to use it for MIDI control, so check out the examples on using the digital/analogue reads and writing to serial. Or this MIDI specific example.

Shameless plug?? more like very helpful plug i want that controller.. Would you be able to tell me cost price??? (at the moment i don't have time to read down threw it).

Thanks
    I play everything Indie/ Rock/ HipHop/ Cheese/ Electro/ Dubstep and anything that sounds good

Tsp 1.7/ Tsp 2/ Sony vaio Win 7 4gb Ram / Macbook Pro 13 inch (Main machine) /vci 100 se/ mixdeck/ audio 8/ technics rph headphones/ Custom xBox Controller/ Akai Lpd8

Thanks for the tut and code. I finished some pretty looooong code for my arcade/slider controller and it if I understand this code correctly, it applies a routine in the loop to all of your pins and spits out an individual MIDI note for each button? My code has the same denounce routine plus a specific midi note for EVERY button (copied 18 times in the loop). Your code looks much more elegant. Does this cause any problems with multiple presses? Thanks!

EDIT
    So I got this running for my mega (soooo much easier to simply change the pin numbers in the mappings) and I finally got one of my LED button backlights to pulse with the tempo in Traktor. Thanks for the code!
    Last edited by bobsagat666; 02-25-2011 at 12:06 AM.

Just wondering would this allow me to start experimenting with midi and arduino with traktor??

http://www.sparkfun.com/products/10173

I know its a long process to learn but its also part of a 4month+ long 1st year college project (degree in electronic engineering)

cheers

just got the weekly instructables newsletter in my inbox and your project is featured this week. nice work bud.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast