Going for a new mix feeling. Good Idea?

Default Going for a new mix feeling. Good Idea?

So I've done a few mixes which are on my soundcloud below. They are about 50 min. long and with maybe 8 songs or so playing most of the song through for good transitions.

I'm tired of mixing for almost an hour at a time though and have acquired about a dozen banger tunes from prog. house to dubstep to drum and bass.
    I'd like to incorporate these tunes from house all the way up to 174 bpm drum and bass but do so in about 20 min. playing a little over a minute of each.

I thought his would be a neat concept, but wanted to get opinions because of the fast transitions and tempo change. Was just going for something different.

Edit: Thoght this was better suited here
    CDJ400s, Ecler Nuo, XD 53
    KRK RP8sFG

wanted to get opinions
    On what, exactly? You're not really asking anything here.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

People do that all the time. Go for it.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalDevil View Post
    On what, exactly? You're not really asking anything here.
    Just because you don't see a question mark, doesn't mean there isn't a question.

Thanks Photo. I'm finding it hard to transition between the dubstep and drum and bass...any tips?
    CDJ400s, Ecler Nuo, XD 53
    KRK RP8sFG

Tech Guru

venturing outside of your comfort zone with a bit of trial & error experimentation is always a good idea.

whenever you get an idea like this just try it out, try to make it work - if it doesn't work learn why it didn't. make it work the next time.

Tech Guru

Mix where there are no beats. Use fx tricks like delay freeze, reverb wash out, and filtering out into nothing. Sample or loop an acapella line , use the keylock, and drop or increase tempo to fit the new track. Learn the art of the radio style slam-in. Lots of ways to do it, just get creative.
    MacBook 2.4GHz, 6GB, Traktor Pro, Ableton Live, Bomes MT, Audio Kontrol 1, Vestax VCI-100 SE Custom, M-Audio Axiom 25, Akai APC40, NI Maschine, 2x Midi Fighters (c/o DJ TechTools - Thanks!!)

Mixcloud DJ Sets