About Thunderbolt, the new Macbook connection - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by exokinetic View Post
    Or they feel useless, and under appreciated.
    Why do you always have to get so personal? Chill down a bit will ya. It doesn't even make any sense at all.

It's not always the best technology that wins (no one here is even denying that TB is superior to USB3.0), it's the one that people want to pay for. They have known USB for so long now, and the average consumer doesn't really need TB - correct me if I'm wrong though. They don't do video editing, they don't have external monitors hooked up to their setup, ...

If TB is indeed a lot more expensive, it's going to have a hard time breaking through. Apple is booming like never before though, it may just supply that necessary boost.

To avoid nitpicking: replace TB with LP wherever you want to.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by StephanV View Post
    Why do you always have to get so personal?
    because he embodies everything I despise about most people from south orange county. Specifically wow players. And for the record I say that as a former blizzard employee.
    Baked Chicken | Brown Rice | Asparagus | Apple Juice | Snack Wells | Pretzel Chips | Lots of Water

Yeah I know man, but haters just gotta hate something.

Or they feel useless, and under appreciated.
    If your pointing that at me.

I don't hate it i just quiet simply can't see it becoming a standard in most laptops and i believe we won't see any benefit from it in the near future. Usb 3.0 is going to come first manufactures already have 3.0 products in the pipeline but i haven't heard any light peak products being even developed.

I honestly believe that all technology is good technology.
    I play everything Indie/ Rock/ HipHop/ Cheese/ Electro/ Dubstep and anything that sounds good

Tsp 1.7/ Tsp 2/ Sony vaio Win 7 4gb Ram / Macbook Pro 13 inch (Main machine) /vci 100 se/ mixdeck/ audio 8/ technics rph headphones/ Custom xBox Controller/ Akai Lpd8

i will buy TB products for sure !!! cant wait for the UAD card to be TB (its on its way) the firewire version didn't rely took off. I could have my big screen, my external HD to record my sessions, my backup HD, a sound card, DPS processing and much more all in 1 port. !!! high end user will definitely use it everyday.
    Last edited by Kh3MiC4L; 02-27-2011 at 11:54 PM.
    2011 MacBookPro 13" i7
    Traktor Kontrol S4
    Fostex PM0.4 / Sony MDR-7506 / Oxygen 25 v3 / Fast Track Pro / Hs80m /
    I HaZ a BaD EnGliSH

Quote Originally Posted by Kh3MiC4L View Post
    i will buy TB products for sure !!! cant wait for the UAD card to be TB (its on its way) the firewire version didn't rely took off. I could have my big screen, my external HD to record my sessions, my backup HD, a sound card, DPS processing and much more all in 1 port. !!! high end user will definitely use it everyday.
    Yes, UA is going to be on the TB wagon too, but to say the firewire version didn't take off....umm..most stores haven't even received them in stock! They just announced them a month ago. LOL!

Humor.

The group I was referring to were the quote: "Haters"

"Don't hate the player, hate the game"

Hater: One who displays their own distaste, no matter how unfounded, on any and all subjects they may find to be distasteful.

So, to clarify, I was referring to the hater stereotype.

To clarify further, I was referring to a completely intangible concept.

How that is a "personal" attack on anyone, I really fail to see.

If you want to IMPLY that I was referring to you, by getting unnecessarily offended, there is not much I can do about that, maybe trying looking for the good things in life, instead of being such a hater.
    I'm addicted to WoW.

Please do not bother me about being a productive member of society.

Humor.

The group I was referring to were the quote: "Haters"

"Don't hate the player, hate the game"

Hater: One who displays their own distaste, no matter how unfounded, on any and all subjects they may find to be distasteful.

So, to clarify, I was referring to the hater stereotype.

To clarify further, I was referring to a completely intangible concept.

How that is a "personal" attack on anyone, I really fail to see.

If you want to IMPLY that I was referring to you, by getting unnecessarily offended, there is not much I can do about that, maybe trying looking for the good things in life, instead of being such a hater.
    I do believe the word your looking for is opinion?? Its like an asshole everyone has one.

Maybe i did pick you up wrong but im not a hater just giving my opinion which i am quiet entitled to do and if thats being a hater so be it...
    I play everything Indie/ Rock/ HipHop/ Cheese/ Electro/ Dubstep and anything that sounds good

Tsp 1.7/ Tsp 2/ Sony vaio Win 7 4gb Ram / Macbook Pro 13 inch (Main machine) /vci 100 se/ mixdeck/ audio 8/ technics rph headphones/ Custom xBox Controller/ Akai Lpd8

Quote Originally Posted by michaeldunne109 View Post
    I do believe the word your looking for is opinion?? Its like an asshole everyone has one.

Maybe i did pick you up wrong but im not a hater just giving my opinion which i am quiet entitled to do and if thats being a hater so be it...
    Guess what...

If you don't think of yourself as a hater, then I was not referring to you at all.

One can express their opinions all day long with ought expressing one iota of "hate"....

Again... I wasn't specifically referring to ANY-one in this thread, or anyone in this forum for that matter.

I was merely expressing my opinion (witch I guess I'm entitled to?) on the, quote: "Hater".

I was also stating that:

If you feel SO STRONGLY that you are indeed a hater, that my statement offended you, maybe some introspection is in order.
    I'm addicted to WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by xtianw View Post
    because he embodies everything I despise about most people from south orange county. Specifically wow players. And for the record I say that as a former blizzard employee.
    ...and I'm the one making personal attacks...

"lulz"
    I'm addicted to WoW.

Tech Wizard

Jeez Ladies, Keep calm and carry on. If I wanted to watch perfectly good threads turn into slapping contests Id go back to the Serato forums

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast