Dubblicious - Filthy dub mix

Default Dubblicious - Filthy dub mix

Last edited by darichard; 02-24-2011 at 11:13 PM. Reason: Embedded soundcloud

MacBook Pro 13" Unibody || TRAKTOR KONTROL S4 || Traktor Kontrol X1 || Pioneer SE-DJ5000 || Behringer B1800D || Behringer Eurolive B212D's

Leave some feedback, tell me what to improve!
    thanks guys.

MacBook Pro 13" Unibody || TRAKTOR KONTROL S4 || Traktor Kontrol X1 || Pioneer SE-DJ5000 || Behringer B1800D || Behringer Eurolive B212D's

sorry, ive had headaches for 3 days straight, and i already have 3 mixes cued for feedback. so i may or may not get to yours, however, not to be an ass, but its dubstep. dub is something else. (this is just one of my peeves, again, im not trying to be an a-hole )
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

Default agreed

Theory,
    yah, no worries man, i def dont take it the wrong way. I agree with you. I hated Dub at first but it slowly grew on me. Im playing around with it alot for 3 main reasons. 1.) It's good practice, dub dosent always follow normal music theory, so sometimes it tough to mix well, i figure if i can get good at mixing dubstep, other genre's wont be so hard.
    2.) Dubstep is becoming really popular and alot of the house parties I dj love dubstep.
    3.) Its kinda growing on me!

thanks for post tho theory, even if you dont get around to it!

what he's saying is "dubstep" and "dub" are two different things completely. (though it's fair to say dubstep emerged from dub, though following a pretty circuitous route to say the least!)

wow, dont i feel dumb.

Well i looked into what dub actually was (just so i dont make the same mistake twice). It's ironic that you used the word "circuitous" becuase one of the articles i read stated "Dubstep in a way is the first genre of electronic music to come full circle back to the origin genre: dub music."

but, now i know all about dub, jungle, breakbeat drum and bass and dubstep.

thanks to djproben and theory for the heads up on the fact that there is a difference!