Any Allages Dj's Here ??
    Tech Convert

Default Any Allages Dj's Here ??

Just asking is there any all ages Dj's here or anyone who as played at gigs like that ? what did you think about the whole experience? what kind of music did you play?

Most of my gigs are all ages. I honestly find it pretty annoying having to have clean stuff. I usually stick to the promo only radio releases for those events, and mix in clean stuff that I have manually verified.

sorry...I perfer 21+ but I do have a monthly gig that 18+
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

I have a short experience on gigs, but happened entirely on bars in Ibiza, where people are really mixed aged ranging from 16 to almost 70, and from straight to gay without distinctions.
    The most interesting thing ive fouund is that young people knows little or nothing about non-mainstream, non top 40 trax of the 80s. I.e.: Chicago House, Acid House, New Beat, Electro Funk, Hip Hop, Hip House, etc.
    So they listen the tracks like something new, and the older part of the audience feels comfortabe for not having to hear a "nostalgy" Dj Set.
    If i want to play a very well known tune, i choose some obscure remixes, or an uplifting electro remix.
    But i think that what apply for people in some city, not necessarily applies to all..

Controller: Reloop Digital Jockey Master Edition
    Laptop: Acer Travelmate 4101 Wlmi (WinXP)
    Dj Software: Traktor Pro

i do middleschool dances every weekend at the ymca where i work.

i fucking hate clean top 40. takes the only good part outta top40 (if there even is some).

electro/dubstep remixes and some sly flitering/beatmasher/cuts is my method of choice. just gotta make sure you know those tracks so you dont filter out the you of fuck you. (did that with ceelo green - fuck you -> ended up having the buy the clean version eventually.)

then when they are like are these edited? yesssir. dj edit on the fly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    Ya I've heard one song. It's called Skrillex.
    13" Macbook - 256gb SSD, 750gb HDD, 8gb Ram ❘ DDJ-SX | HDJ-2000
    Kontrol Z1 | Midifighter 3D | Kontrol X1

Tech Convert

ohh man i agree there's nothing worse then all ages, i have been doing them for a short amount of time now , just to kinda get my foot in the door. the music is horrid lol but i gotta do what i gotta do. They all want that dutch house shit.. my god is it annoying -.-

EDIT: and ps it it just me or am i starting to see a lot more of the younger crowd starting to enjoy dubstep .. maybe its just my city