Serato vs. Traktor Pro.
Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Serato vs. Traktor Pro.

Alright so I know there is huge discussion, this post has probably already been posted, AND there was a DJTT article written about the debate......but I still would like to get some personal opinions from people who have used both pieces of software.

Why is serato the "standard" when it seems so far behind traktor in most aspects. It seems as if like 80% of DJs I see DJing with a laptop are running serato, why not Traktor?

Just wondering......any kind of answer would be appreciated.

(btw I use traktor pro)

Tech Wizard

i liked serato better in some ways but the fact is tracktor is much cheeper , £600 for the new sl5 is a joke but the reason i went to tracktor is i simply couldn't afford to get the same set up i had before ( sold my technics , mixer and sl3 when i moved house . kontrol s4 seemed a good compromise . if i had the more money id have got serato sl5 2 technics and a shit hot mixer

If you'd asked this a couple of years ago, I think Serato would have had my vote.

Serato have fell off BIG TIME, though. The pairing of Serato and Ableton SHOULD have ended this debate. Unfortunately, it didn't deliver. Massive, massive fail on the part of Ableton and Serato. (Gutted, really).

TSP2 is a pretty awesome piece of software, and the NI controllers are NICE.

NI are going at it BIG TIME. They're getting DJ's on board that can push the limits of the hardware AND the software. Shiftee is doing an awesome job.

Serato are going to fall behind BIG TIME unless they get their act together QUICK.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    If you'd asked this a couple of years ago, I think Serato would have had my vote.

Serato have fell off BIG TIME, though. The pairing of Serato and Ableton SHOULD have ended this debate. Unfortunately, it didn't deliver. Massive, massive fail on the part of Ableton and Serato. (Gutted, really).

TSP2 is a pretty awesome piece of software, and the NI controllers are NICE.

NI are going at it BIG TIME. They're getting DJ's on board that can push the limits of the hardware AND the software. Shiftee is doing an awesome job.

Serato are going to fall behind BIG TIME unless they get their act together QUICK.
    I agree.

I think the vast majority of dj use Serato because they saw other dj's using it and Jumped on the Seratto bandwagon. When Traktor Pro-2 drops it's going to destroy Serato IMO.

Having used both, I think Serato is a much weaker option. They aren't ever going to have the power features Traktor has, by choice.

Serato is the standard in the US, mostly because hip-hop culture dominates in the US, and hip-hop is obsessed with faux-authenticity. The absence of features in Serato is seen as a feature: because doing it the hard way is considered morally correct.

Traktor is more popular pretty much everywhere else.

Tech Guru

thread le fail
    Baked Chicken | Brown Rice | Asparagus | Apple Juice | Snack Wells | Pretzel Chips | Lots of Water

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

My better judgement tells me to close this thread as the point in question has been discussed to death and more-so very recently.

inb4Lock.
    DJM800 | 2xCDJ2000 | RMX1000 | Adidas HD25's
    2011 MBP | Traktor 2.6 | Kontrol S4 | Scratch Live | SL2
    Mac Pro | Ableton | Access Virus C | Maschine
    Facebook || Soundcloud || Twitter

Tech Wizard

jeez sorry. i just wanted to know specifically why serato is more preferred than traktor, and did not really want to spend hours looking around forums for that answer.

isnt that what DJTT is all about? being helpful?

With t2 coming out soon, this thread would seem to have different responses than previous ones, so I don't understand those wanting the lock. technology is always changing, therefore so will the responses.

In any case, the thread will still lean in favor of traktor.
    CDJ400s, Ecler Nuo, XD 53
    KRK RP8sFG

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast