Mobile DJ's

Thread: Mobile DJ's

Tech Wizard

Default Mobile DJ's

How many digital mobile dj's are out there?

Alot
    Dj Krilikz‡ -

Tech Wizard

I do a regular club gig but i also go mobile with my own gear when i pick up jobs. Looking to upgrade to a larger system this year and do a lot more mobile stuff $$$.

i do tons of mobile gigs

Tech Wizard

Same here guys i do love doing clubs but done in TN there not into Techno/House much just rap so i'm practicing my mixing with some hip hop hoping to get into some more clubs!
    -Fizz
    Fizz Styles

I have a couple of mobile rigs. But all I carry now is my vestax backpack, but here you go

I have (4) 18" Cerwin Vega, (4) 15" Peaveys (2 have dual 15") 4 Amps, 2 Amp Racks, 4 LED lights, Smoke machine, (2) 4 foot Black Lights, 1 Dual Cd Player w/Mixer Rig, 1 Coffin w/2 1200's & 19" Berhinger Mixer, & Denon Dual Cd Player. Plus other goodies that that I cant think of right now.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Tech Convert

Mobile DJ'ing is fun (at least I've had a lot of good times doing it and got paid along the way)

But it's also got it's drawbacks - you need a good vehicle to carry your kit with causes several issues: intial cost, using it for business means different insurance, security risks (kit going missing or vehicles being broken into), it's hard work lugging kit around to setup in a room 300 yards from your vehicle and the client normally expects you to do it in 30 mins, kit gets damaged when it's moved unless it's in proper cases and that costs loads. each venue is different and normally require a visit before to asses length of cables required, clearance for lighting stands etc. Driving home after working for so long is a nightmare when your really tired and just want to sleep and it's stops you drinking when you have to drive too.

BUT you can charge more because of these factors and you get to actually meet more people.

Just started this up. I'm currently working on getting gigs in my surrounding states. I kind of got the surrounding cities, sort of.
    SyblingQ - Electro House for dark alleys.

http://photos-f.ll.facebook.com/phot...0159949_23.jpg

Thats what happens when you own a civic and want to be a dj Im actually missing a few things in that picture. Its like a jigsaw puzzle to be able to put it all in.

Mobile djing can offer a lot of money. Especially if you doing sweet 16's,bar mitzhas and weddings and you can do some Mcing. Like Knight said it sucks when you are packing up at the end of the night. I would advice working with a friend cause it gets boring as hell when your at the 3rd gig of the summer and solja boy and umbrella have been requested 20 times already. Then of coarse dealing with the clients can some times be very frustrating lol.
    Dj Krilikz‡ -

yea boi got 2 gigs this weekend, all our gear fit in the one car. thats just the PA,pooter and vci tho
    Quote Originally Posted by dripstep View Post
    Kaon, none of that has to do with drum and bass.