Real EQ Mixer or MIDI Controlled? -- Traktor
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default Real EQ Mixer or MIDI Controlled? -- Traktor

Hello Boys and Girls,

I am currently using my APC40 with traktor and a 2in/4out Focusrite Sapphire soundcard. Because Traktor totally blows at integrating fluidly with the APC40 (maps work fine but LED updating is a different story) I need to add a new way to handle my EQ. I am relatively new to traktor and DJing, so I was hoping you fine folks here could provide me with a little guidance. I could either go with a REAL mixer or I could get another MIDI controller that I would use to control traktors internal mixer.

What would you guys go with and why?

Thanks in advance!

Maybe a Kontrol X1? It's perfect for use as an EQ if you so wish, and really well built. Just don't let ants near it.

Having said that, I do like having an external mixer to pull all my audio ramblings together. I have all sorts of different inputs so I like having control over everything without having to route it all through Traktor.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Banned

I would just scoop up a Nanokontrol to control the internal mixer, 2 if you're rocking four decks. Easiest and least expensive solution. And this way, no matter where you go, you'll always have the same set up and will feel comfortable when playing out and not have to worry about what kind of mixer you're going to be on.

Plus with all the extra faders and buttons I'm sure you'll find a use for each one. (I know I did)

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    Maybe a Kontrol X1? ....Just don't let ants near it.
    huh? they gonna carry it away or something?
    Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    Ya I've heard one song. It's called Skrillex.
    13" Macbook - 256gb SSD, 750gb HDD, 8gb Ram ❘ DDJ-SX | HDJ-2000
    Kontrol Z1 | Midifighter 3D | Kontrol X1

Tech Convert

Maybe a Kontrol X1? It's perfect for use as an EQ if you so wish, and really well built. Just don't let ants near it.

Having said that, I do like having an external mixer to pull all my audio ramblings together. I have all sorts of different inputs so I like having control over everything without having to route it all through Traktor.
    Well, this is an interesting option, because instead of using the pots/faders on my APC40 for FX I could just use the X1. That would then leave all my pots/faders open on my APC, enough to leave them stationary (without needing shifted func.) which may be suitable because the LED updating issues really only occur when I use shifted functionalities.

Thanks for the ideas, keep em coming!

*edit, I suppose this doesn't only apply for the X1, are there any other controllers out there that would be good for controlling four traktor FX racks?
    Last edited by maverikk; 02-28-2011 at 11:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by djnesquigs View Post
    Lol there was a thread on the NI forum a couple of weeks back from a guy who left his X1 out somewhere and came back the next day to find it had been inhabited by ants.

Here: http://www.native-instruments.com/fo...d.php?t=128181
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by djnesquigs View Post
    worse, get in.

Out of interest, is it a personal tsi you're using or someone else's? i think some people have made working tsi files for the APC40 with LED feedback. Have a look at 'The List' sticky in the mappings section of the forum.

Tech Convert

Out of interest, is it a personal tsi you're using or someone else's? i think some people have made working tsi files for the APC40 with LED feedback. Have a look at 'The List' sticky in the mappings section of the forum.
    Currently, I have a heavily modified version of this mapping, which is a mapping for the APC in 'dumb mode'. I chose to go with a 'dumb mode' mapping because I have heard of audio glitches and latency issues with the default mode. However, maybe I will give it a shot because I hear the LED updating is much better in the default mode vs dumb mode.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast