Live Web Tutorials?

Default Live Web Tutorials?

Evening Squires and Squirettes,

I just finished watching Ean's cue point scratching video that he posted today. Like many of the DJTT videos, they are concise and to the point, often leaving me with questions and wanting much more information (which is the point).

Given the absurd amount of expertise in this community would any of the Grand Masters be up for doing live master classes on the web? These might be 30, 60 or even 90 minute sessions that might range from teaching a specific technique (like the cue point scratching as an example) to broader tutorials (like an introduction to using Traktor Effects)?

While these could also be recorded, live attendees could ask questions and create a more interactive environment. There are numerous tools that could be used to make this to happen and there are plenty of us with enough IT skills to get this going.

This would obviously be a sizable commitment for those involved but let's be honest, you're all clever as munny funsters and want to show it!

Cheers,
    SmiTTTen
    Beats By Dre is like audio flu for your balls.

Tech Guru

Default sounds like a good idea

This sounds like a really good idea. I would be up for doing a master class on midi mapping. Do you know any1 with the bandwidth to cope with a live session or we could use a service like ea used for his live set with qbert

Quote Originally Posted by smittten View Post
    Evening Squires and Squirettes,

I just finished watching Ean's cue point scratching video that he posted today. Like many of the DJTT videos, they are concise and to the point, often leaving me with questions and wanting much more information (which is the point).

Given the absurd amount of expertise in this community would any of the Grand Masters be up for doing live master classes on the web? These might be 30, 60 or even 90 minute sessions that might range from teaching a specific technique (like the cue point scratching as an example) to broader tutorials (like an introduction to using Traktor Effects)?

While these could also be recorded, live attendees could ask questions and create a more interactive environment. There are numerous tools that could be used to make this to happen and there are plenty of us with enough IT skills to get this going.

This would obviously be a sizable commitment for those involved but let's be honest, you're all clever as munny funsters and want to show it!

Cheers,
    SmiTTTen

ustream?
    Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    Ya I've heard one song. It's called Skrillex.
    13" Macbook - 256gb SSD, 750gb HDD, 8gb Ram ❘ DDJ-SX | HDJ-2000
    Kontrol Z1 | Midifighter 3D | Kontrol X1

In my day job I have used WebEx, GotoMeeting, MS Livemeeting and host of others. These services are great as you need very little bandwidth to host or watch a web meeting (or "Webinar" as people call them in my industry). They also enable you to manage live questions and answers through chat, document and file sharing, recording the meeting, voice over IP or telephone conferencing bridges etc.

I may even have a Webex Account I could use. GotoMeeting.com charges $49/month for unlimited meetings. If there was serious interest I could set up a meeting in Livemeeting or Webex and show people the capabilities.

SmiTTTen
    Beats By Dre is like audio flu for your balls.