simple sample cueing program
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default simple sample cueing program

i use traktor pro and a kontrol x1, but until T2 comes out in april with its sample deck i want to use my akai LPD-8 to cue samples and clips over my mixes in traktor.
    i tried to do this with ableton but its kind of confusing. is there any simple app that can just play samples mapped to the pads on my lpd8? and also SYNC with traktor?

map to deck c and d?
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

Tech Wizard

icould.... but i want to have 8 different samples to 8 pads on the lpd8

Tech Wizard

hm.... i could have a track made up of samples... with cue points on each deck... that could work

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

nothing comes into my mind simpler than ableton with clock sync capabilities, i'd say get your grids and intersoft sync tight or wait till april 1º if you want multiple loops running.

edit: the "sample track" was theory's suggestion :P it's what i did prior s4 soft (i don't like running both programs at once)
    Last edited by padi_04; 02-28-2011 at 11:51 PM.

Tech Wizard

i got ableton to sync im just confused about getting clips to work well. im new at ableton. if i put multiple clips in slots in the same audio track and map each one to pads.... it only plays on clip at a time. do i need to make 8 audio tracks for 8 clips?

well, i temporary workaround would be to have 8 samples in one audio file, then loading that same track on both extra decks.
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kofman13 View Post
    i got ableton to sync im just confused about getting clips to work well. im new at ableton. if i put multiple clips in slots in the same audio track and map each one to pads.... it only plays on clip at a time. do i need to make 8 audio tracks for 8 clips?
    if you want them to play independently, yes. or load them into a drum rack.

load a drum rack into a channel and press it's rec button, then drag the samples to each pad (first check which samples light up when you use the lpd8)

Tech Wizard

ill try that tomorrow. thanks guys! ill come back if i have trouble T_T

Tech Guru

You could use Savihost, a standalone vst host. I've never used it but people seem to like it, perhaps cuz its free idk. http://www.hermannseib.com/english/savihost.htm

Then just use a mpc like vst to play your samples.

I would suggest using c and or D decks for samples, its makes things much more simple.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast