DJM-800 ebay woes. Ideas?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default DJM-800 ebay woes. Ideas?

So I'm after a DJM-800 as an upgrade from my 600. I've been trawling ebay for a couple of weeks.

First one I bid on went for £621 and I'd bid only £600. Being a cheeky bugger I messaged the guy to say if he had any problems with the sale I'd give him £650, but he replied saying he wasn't even selling it for £621, he'd already relisted it for £750. Odd.

Anyway, last night I won one in good condition for £675. This is when the problems started.

The listing said this...

Quote Originally Posted by ebay seller
    I would prefer payment via cheque, bank transfer or bank deposit to avoid huge paypal fee's. Will send details to winning bidder if this suits. (If payment is made this way I will also add a Road Ready RR12 Flight case in excellent condition)
    I messaged him to say that since my money is in a spanish bank account and international transfers are expensive if you want them to be quick, I want to pay by paypal (which was a listed payment option) but asked if I could pay a little more to have the flight case anyway. Also, paypal payment is a lot more secure when buying online.

He told me that he could not accept paypal because he has a £500 monthly limit (which is true if you have not confirmed your paypal account). He's now trying to cancel the sale.

So what do you think i should do?
    I still want the item, I offered to send £500 by paypal and the rest by transfer but I can still just cancel it since the request is pending.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

I reckon if you took it up with ebay he'd have to give it to you. He listed paypal as a payment option and you won the item under those terms.

Realistically if you're spending that much dude I wouldn't take too many risks. I know the feeling though, get a good price for something and you're willing to jump through some hoops.. If you can't get it on your terms then just let it go, something will come up.

Thanks for the advice dude. He hasn't replied yet, I'm not exactly sure of the legal position of this but presumably he has to sell it to me for the agreed price by paypal if he listed it as an option...

That or get banned or something. But he's a pretty new ebayer so i doubt he'll be that pissed about losing his account.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Paypal only and even then it can be risky.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

urgh. Maybe I should just give up on this one, the guy's clearly not going to try and be helpful. Back to the bidding wars it is...

Do you get to leave feedback if a transaction is cancelled? I guess not.

Tech Mentor

I wouldn't use anything other than Paypal in a sale like that tbh, to try to avoid being scammed.

You can file a non-performing seller complaint with Ebay/Paypal after offering the money via Paypal and they don't accept the payment. They'll be interested in his attempts to avoid the fees too, I expect, and give him a strike against his account.
    Then you can neg rep him and leave some choice feedback expressing your feelings, to warn other Ebay users about the time waster.
    Other than that, if the seller isn't happy with the price and refuses the payment there's nothing you can do really, other than threaten him with the above and hope they honour the deal.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

He doesnt have to pay shit.

You can simply do a PayPal 'Send' and opt to pay the fees your end.

Where is this mixer? Anywhere near me.

I go round with the cash all nicey nice. I pay, get the mixer, then the boys get out the van and we take him "Into the office for little chat"

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    He doesnt have to pay shit.

You can simply do a PayPal 'Send' and opt to pay the fees your end.

I think it's cos his account isn't confirmed so he can only receive 500 quid a month. Thinking of just cutting my losses on this one and cancelling, filing a non compliance report.

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    Where is this mixer? Anywhere near me.

I go round with the cash all nicey nice. I pay, get the mixer, then the boys get out the van and we take him "Into the office for little chat"
    It's actually in Burnley, so not a million miles from you

oh and of course, pics or it never happened

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

If I were you I would wait a little longer. I think when the new 900's hit the stores they'll be some better deals to be had on 800's.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If I were you I would wait a little longer. I think when the new 900's hit the stores they'll be some better deals to be had on 800's.
    I think you may very well be right there. Now just to make sure this guy never shows his face on ebay again...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast