Juggle mode for s4?

Default Juggle mode for s4?

Ive had my s4 for a few months now and love it, one thing I don't know how to do though is access the beat juggling mode. anyone wanna help?
    Addictive Sounds - Come check us out!

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Do you mean cues 5-8? Go to preferences in the Kontrol S4 section you'll be able to switch the sample buttons to those cue 5-8. There's also lots of stuff in the manual that's not labeled on the controller. Would be worth reading.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Yeah thanks that was helpful, but basically Im wondering if I could set up my s4 similar to a midi fighter, with the preset effects etc.

Thanks for your time

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Addictive Sounds View Post
    Yeah thanks that was helpful, but basically Im wondering if I could set up my s4 similar to a midi fighter, with the preset effects etc.

Thanks for your time
    you'll need to adapt the midi fighter mapping to match the s4 and switch to midi mode to use it

I dont know how to do any mapping. I just recently got the basics of the s4 down, and I just stared to explore the full potential of it to see how much further I can go. It seems endless
    Last edited by Addictive Sounds; 03-02-2011 at 03:02 PM.

Tech Guru

what you ask is possible and not that difficult, but requires time to learn and implement.

Take a look at Yul's video for inspiration: http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23605
    ... and BTW, don't bother asking him for mappings. He said many, many times that he is not providing his mappings for downloads. It is just a demonstration of the capabilities with inspirational purpose. There are, however, very good howto instructions for achieving similar results.

The easy solution for you is to purchase a real Midi Fighter to supplement your S4 setup. This way you can just use the awesome mappings made by DJTT.
    Last edited by loop; 03-02-2011 at 09:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    Do you mean cues 5-8? Go to preferences in the Kontrol S4 section you'll be able to switch the sample buttons to those cue 5-8. There's also lots of stuff in the manual that's not labeled on the controller. Would be worth reading.
    That's the nicest rtfm that has ever graced this planet.
    Beats By Dre is like audio flu for your balls.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by smittten View Post
    That's the nicest rtfm that has ever graced this planet.
    rtfm poetry

Default A Haiku by SmiTTTen

Jog Wheels and Faders
    How you always perplex me
    Just don’t make me read

I thank you.
    Beats By Dre is like audio flu for your balls.

Take a look at Yul's video for inspiration: http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23605
    ... and BTW, don't bother asking him for mappings. He said many, many times that he is not providing his mappings for downloads. It is just a demonstration of the capabilities with inspirational purpose.
    Hello, after reading that, I thought that may be I could try to provide something for you guys. It's a "light" version of what I'm using myself that won't need heavy tweaking with mappings of hundreds of command lines. (also because what I'm using isn't that good and is full of holes that I don't have a solution for).
    It won't be the miracle solution many are looking after but it may be an alternative to have a look at: a custom mapping that sits upon the native one providing 8 FX presets and allowing the jogwheel to activate and act upon those presets. The mapping (two files) is actually quite simple.

However it won't be very flexible, most of the things (and the way things act) being defined for some weird logic reasons. That means sometimes the settings used may not be the "best" but were chosen because they made sense in the overall scheme of what I set up - while still sounding 'good'.
    It can also ONLY work with a layout for two track decks, two sample decks, two fx units and no other layouts at all.

I'm not making any promise here as I may have done mistakes that may or may not be fixed in the end. I may just be plainly wrong in what I've done so...if there's no solution to an issue->trash bin as it must work flawlessly, there's no "half-way" that would be the cause for potential critical problems. I "think" I covered those (did I??), it seems to work ok (considering the limits given by the embedded mapping) and I had actually quite a bit of fun trying it but really it needs some input from others.
    I hope to create a thread within the next days (unless I find flaws meanwhile).
    Last edited by Yul; 03-05-2011 at 10:34 PM.