Instant Gradification Competition

Default Instant Gradification Competition

I haven't seen any video replies on the video yet, and am wondering if anyone other than me is working on a video for the competition!

The videos are due by March 7th and i was expecting more videos i guess. So is anyone woking on one now?? if so hows it goin?
    2x Midi-Fighters, 1x Technics 1200MK2, Xone 2:02, Traktor Pro 2, Macbook Pro 13', Audio 2, circuit bent Gameboy, aaaaand some poopy Logitech speakerz.

I would love to enter but I'm just too busy now to develop a routine.
    I've noticed in previous competitions there's often a big rush of entries at the end. I figure people want to spend as much time as possible getting it right, and also don't want to "reveal their hand" too soon, lest someone take ideas from their routine. It is still a competition, after all.

I'm too busy trying to port that mapping to another controller as I don't have a Midi Fighter yet But I would imagine dual's comment is correct in people wanting to get things perfect and not reveal their hand too early.
    Tre Tuna
    DJ and Recording and Mixing engineer for live and studio sound
    Traktor Pro 2.7.1 | MacBook Pro Core 2 Duo 2.5ghz 4gigs ram
    Stanton STR8-150s | Ortofon Q-Bert Carts
    NI Z2, F1, Machine MK I, RigKontrol 3 | Dicers | PadKontrol

Tech Convert

last i tried, none of the samples would load in traktor. i don't know if thats any different now or not.
    Traktor Kontrol S4 | Traktor Scratch Pro | Audio Kontrol 1 | Maschine

http://soundcloud.com/knifes

Quote Originally Posted by BonJoey View Post
    last i tried, none of the samples would load in traktor. i don't know if thats any different now or not.
    i mean they are working for me. so i dunno

And yeah that makes sense about why there are not any uploaded yet. I guess i was just wondering whether people were working on it at all
    2x Midi-Fighters, 1x Technics 1200MK2, Xone 2:02, Traktor Pro 2, Macbook Pro 13', Audio 2, circuit bent Gameboy, aaaaand some poopy Logitech speakerz.

samples worked in iTunes but not traktor for me.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Tech Guru

i cant seem to post a video reply

how do u post a reply in yoiutube

Tech Convert

@tombruton69 You have to click on the comment button, and then a button for posting a video response appears.

I posted a video but it hasn't been "approved" yet, so it doesn't show up as a response. I'm guessing there are a few other videos too that just haven't been approved yet. That or this will be a small competition

Tech Guru

Actually, that's great. Less people = much higher chance of winning a *great* prize.

I'll just be honest and say, I didn't enter myself because I felt like I couldn't develop anything worth listening to with the SF samples. This doesn't mean it couldn't be done, I was just foreseeing a whole lot of sequencing and editing to make something cool, more time than I wanted to spend, and kind of defeating the purpose of a raw, live performance. But I look forward to seeing what other people come up with!
    MacBook 2.4GHz, 6GB, Traktor Pro, Ableton Live, Bomes MT, Audio Kontrol 1, Vestax VCI-100 SE Custom, M-Audio Axiom 25, Akai APC40, NI Maschine, 2x Midi Fighters (c/o DJ TechTools - Thanks!!)

Mixcloud DJ Sets

i forgot about this. i wasnt going to enter, but i had to youtube the thread title and i only found 1 video
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.