anybody DJ with 17 inch macbook pro?
    Tech Wizard

Default anybody DJ with 17 inch macbook pro?

hey,

i was just wondering if anybody DJ's with 17inch macbook pro. i know its a beast in size and performance. and i am just wondering about mobility and set up at gigs. any issues?

thanks

i used to have 2 of them, sold them and got a 13" it was too big.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

I have a 17" but I've only used it at home. I just play CDs out. I'd rather drink than set up.

If you're going to use 4 decks, you'd better either have a very well thought-out play list, or be comfortable with the minimal view. 13" just don't have the resolution (for me).

On that note, I travel with mine a lot, and am used to it.

Quote Originally Posted by kiss-o-matic View Post
    I have a 17" but I've only used it at home. I just play CDs out. I'd rather drink than set up.

If you're going to use 4 decks, you'd better either have a very well thought-out play list, or be comfortable with the minimal view. 13" just don't have the resolution (for me).

On that note, I travel with mine a lot, and am used to it.
    or have a browse function key mapped out and that solves the screen space issue
    /人◕‿‿◕人\
    --Its not the OS, It's the user--

17" here bro. Love it. I had a 15", tried a buddy's 13" for a gig to see if I would want portability over size or not... In the end I decided that 2" more was worth it. Absolutely love it, no regrets at all ^.^
    Traktor/Itch: Xone Dx - MidiFighter x1
    Ableton: Livid Code - iPad - KP3
    Tech: Macbook Pro 17", intel i7, 8gb RAM, 500gb HD 7200RPM

Got a 17" asus - love it.

Tech Mentor

Used to have a 17" Win7, and worked pretty nice. I chose a 15" model for my new laptop nonetheless, since I don't have a car yet I often have to bring all my gear by bike, which means that every pound less is a good one. I have also upped my resolution from 900p to 1080p so I can actually see more on my screen than on the 17", and have a more portable setup at the same time. Yay!

17" here too, had a 15.4" previous and i love my macbook 17, dont gig out but to be fair i dont think id be bothered by the size of it or the weight as i barely notice the difference between this one and my 15.4" one. and the screen is amazing for traktor especially if your running 4 decks
    MacBook Pro 17" | 1 x Kontrol S4 | 2 x Technics 1210mk2 | Ortofon Elektro's | TSP | Facebook Soundcloud Mixcloud

I use a 17" MBP with a crane stand, I love it. Lots of screen real estate
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors