Problems after adding new toys! (X1, Dicers, Audio8)

Default Problems after adding new toys! (X1, Dicers, Audio8)

So I've been using Traktor Scratch on my Macbook Pro, with an audio8, PadKontrol, and 2 nanopads for a long time with no issues (other then broken nanopads!). So I decided to make a nice change with Traktor 2 coming out by getting rid of the nanopads and adding in an X1 and a pair of dicers! Hell yeah!

Got everything in yesterday and today and started hooking it all up and have run into two problems. One big, one not so big...

Let start with the small one first.. The dicers... I love 'em, and they work great, only thing is I'm having an issue with the DJTT Mapping. All the effects are pulling up wrong, aka beatmasher button pulling up delay, Filter-LFO button pulling up phaser pulse, Delay button pulling flanger flux... Sure I can just go through the mapping and change it, but was wondering if anyone else has had the issue.

Big problem..... Ever since I installed the X1, my audio8 crashes traktor. The X1 works great though! haha... So yeah, when I open traktor now it comes up with a message about the X1 being plugged in and if I'd like to import it's effects settings, sure, but do you need to pull this up EVERYTIME? Then after that box it goes straight to my audio setup page, and says that the selected audio device is not connected, the audio 8... But in the dropdown menu, it says it's there, so I select it and BAM! Traktor crashes... I've tried reinstalling everything but traktor itself at this point. Damn thing is trying to force me to be digital only and I don't like it! Need my scratch control!!!

So any ideas???
    Tre Tuna
    DJ and Recording and Mixing engineer for live and studio sound
    Traktor Pro 2.7.1 | MacBook Pro Core 2 Duo 2.5ghz 4gigs ram
    Stanton STR8-150s | Ortofon Q-Bert Carts
    NI Z2, F1, Machine MK I, RigKontrol 3 | Dicers | PadKontrol

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

What version of traktor are you running? 1.2.7 is the latest.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

That's what I'm running
    Tre Tuna

Yeah, reinstalled all the drivers fresh
    Tre Tuna

what audio 8 drivers are you using man? If you have the latest then i would recommend rolling those back for the time being. lots of people have had troubles with the new ones. myself included
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Mentor

oh and the X1 pop up shouldnt come everytime...at least it doesnt for me even if I plug it in while traktor is running
    Xone 42, X1, Audio 8, Maschine mikro

The dicer problem is a common one with all controllers using DJTT mappings, it's to do with the order in which things are imported in the tsi I think. Mappings are before effects, so the mapping ends up with misdirected effect commands (I think it's something like that anyway).

Reimport the dicer tsi TWICE using the big import button (see my sig) then restart Traktor. That should solve that. making sure all effects are enabled in the FX prefs is good too.

And no, my X1 doesn't bring up the prefs box every time, it just works. I think you might want to reinstall Traktor and start your list of mappings from scratch, importing one at a time.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Ok, I'll try the dicer thing here in a few minutes.

The traktor problem pulling up the X1 every time is because I am not able to exit Traktor properly anymore. Even when I get it to work fine, when I try to close traktor it crashes before saving the settings, that's why I'm getting the pop-up every time I start traktor. I have now wiped and reinstalled traktor and tried old and new x1/audio 8 drivers and still no luck. Have a ticket with NI support, so waiting to hear back from them too.
    Tre Tuna