Traktor Pro + Omnicontrol + APc40?
    Tech Mentor

Default Traktor Pro + Omnicontrol + APc40?

Hi guys and girls,

I have had a search and I can;t find what I was looking for so thought I should ask here (sorry if its the wrong forum/area).

Basically at the moment I use Traktor Pro and a Numark OmniControl which I have changed the mapping of a little to suit my needs.

I recently started learning to use Ableton for production and hopefully further down the line I would like to start using it for live gigs. To cater for this I have been looking at the Akai APC40 and it seems to be a quality piece of kit.

but before splash 330 gbp on the APC40

If I got an APC40 I would also like to use it in traktor, not to mix with as I would use the OmniControl but to fire of hot cues and loops etc and as I have never really done any midi mapping (apart from using learn function in traktor to change a couple of mappings) I wanted to ask how hard will it be to map the APC for traktor including getting the LED's working.

for example I only use 2 decks so I would like to have the top 2 rows of the APC40 to be 2 rows of 8 hot cues with the LEDs to be Red if there is a hot cue for the button and LED off if there is no hot cue.

the next 2 rows I would like to be 2 rows of loops ( 1/4, 1/2, 1, 2, 4, 8 , 16, 32) with the LEDs to be green permanently but when I select a loop I want the LED to flash green to show which loop is selected.

I know there are plenty of mappings available online but none really have the set up I want as they are set up to use just the APC40 whereas I will be using it the OmniControl which will take care of the "mixer" and transport controls so dont need these mapping. if there is an easy to follow tutorial (for a newb like me!!) somewhere please point me in the right direction as I can set up basic midi controls just not things like LED controls etc

thanks in advance for any help and sorry again if this is already answered somewhere but i couldnt fin it

Tech Wizard

It's best not to count on someone making a custom map for you. Therefore your best solution would be to look over existing mappings and learn/borrow from them to make your own.

Tech Mentor

ok mate thanks for the reply. I wasn't really asking anyone to make one for me, justt some tips really.

anyway I am think of getting the novation laucnhpad as its a cheaper and I dont really need the faders etc and there seems to be some really good mappings available for it to use for cue points etc in traktor.