Asymmetrical DJ EQ for Ableton?

Default Asymmetrical DJ EQ for Ableton?

Hi guys,

I've been using EQ Eight in Ableton for a long time, but I'm not completely happy with it. The biggest reason is that it is symmetrical (+12/-12).

I'm searcing the web for a nice 4-band asymmetrical EQ, but to no avail. Can anyone recommend me one (preferably +6/-25 or something that comes close to it)?

Thanks...
    Check out my work!

Vestax VCM-600 (for sale!) - Allen & Heath Xone:62 - Focusrite Saffire LE - Ultimate Ears Triple.Fi 10 Pro - Traktor Pro 2.1 - Ableton Live 8 - MacBook Pro 15"

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

The final solution

Use a rack of audio effects
    Place two equalizers for each band (8 in total for 4-band EQ)
    Maps the gain of two in the same macro control and also the on / off of the two devices
    Adjusts the gain of 1 equalizer of 25 to -25 and the other from 6 to - 6 and maps the on / off to switch on the top half or bottom half

you know?

same to this... but this is a splitter in 3 bands and I use the eq3 an two utilitys
    Explore Macro options

Sorry for my english.... I'm Spanish

There is a way around that.

Either use the EQ3, and keep it as a straight up DJ EQ.

Or.

Select the EQ8, press CTRL+G (Or mac+G, whatever on mac) to group it together.
    Next, open the macro mapping tab, and map the three (or four) EQ points to macro controls.
    In the macro mapping tab again, set the ranges of each side to whatever you desire, -48/+6, -12/+6, etc.

Finally, map the macro knobs to your controller.

As a pro tip, if you use the EQ8, you can set up Kill Switches by setting up an additional set of EQ points at the same frequency as the original points, drop the volume down as low as possible, and map the on/off to some buttons on the controller.

I have a map that does this, give me a shout if you want it.
    Fixing stuff that isn't broken.

Thanks for the help guys. I'm guessing I'll be sitting the rest of the day behind my computer screen .

@safefire: I will try to do it on my own, but if I can't figure it out, I'll definately contact you.

Thanks!
    Check out my work!

Vestax VCM-600 (for sale!) - Allen & Heath Xone:62 - Focusrite Saffire LE - Ultimate Ears Triple.Fi 10 Pro - Traktor Pro 2.1 - Ableton Live 8 - MacBook Pro 15"

Ok, first problem.

I've mapped an EQ point to a macro control and tried to set the range to -26/+6. The only problem is that as soon as I set the negative range to -26, it jumps back to -15 (the minimum value of the EQ8).

Am I missing something here?
    Check out my work!

Use utillity for minus gain....
    map gain (-26,26) and map device turn on at -15....