quick question on what cable to buy.

Default quick question on what cable to buy.

first of all there shouldnt be any issues with remapping the oxygen 8 + a foot switch to traktor 2 correct? second, all i need to connect my oxygen and use it in traktor is a midi to midi cable correct? im almost posative this is right, i just wanted to double check as im ordering off the internet and returning it would be a huge pain, thanks.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bedroomdj View Post
    first of all there shouldnt be any issues with remapping the oxygen 8 + a foot switch to traktor 2 correct?
    Shouldn't be a problem. A few people that have been lucky enough to do testing on TP2 have said their midi mappings for other controllers just work.

Quote Originally Posted by bedroomdjsecond
    all i need to connect my oxygen and use it in traktor is a midi to midi cable correct? .
    A midi cable to midi cable will work if your computer has a midi port to plug into. Otherwise I would just use the USB cable that comes with the Oxygen 8.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

u dont plug it into the audio interface?

i kinda asked because i was confused, on ean goldens video, it looks like he only has it plugged into his AI...

ok, i looked at it more, it definitely looks like he is using the midi out on the oxygen 8 in the video... so i just need one midi cable to connect my oxygen 8 to my audio interface's midi in slot? i know u may be thinking wtf. but i have been buying my gear in bits and pieces, not necessarily in a specific order so i could start dj'ing right away, i just research products alot, listen to music and know that good things come in time. For me it was traktor 2 coming out right when i am finally about to purchase my final things, an audio interface and traktor itself. I just want to make sure i have everything to get my oxygen up and running as soon as traktor 2 comes out.