Serato Itch 2.0 - Coming early April!
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Serato Itch 2.0 - Coming early April!

Straight from Serato's mouth on the message boards.

Can't wait.

here is the full response:

Hey guys,

Sorry for the lack of news around ITCH 2.0 - I agree it's time we said something a little more concrete about what's really happening with ITCH 2.0.

The news is all good actually. ITCH 2.0 is progressing nicely and is looking really exciting. There are some great new features in it that will benefit users of all controllers, as well as a new look that we hope people will love.

In regards to when? Software release dates are always tricky, but we be hope to have something to show you all early next month.

Cheers!
    Matt
    that's pretty awesome that they get on the boards and let users know of the impending release schedule.

That's unusual and worth mentioning.

Can't wait!
    Known as Robtronik.

http://www.facebook.com.com/djrobtronik | Visit, Like, Stay in touch.

Tech Wizard

I should say: Revealed in early April. Probably a beta test version for sure for us, then we get the final release when any of the major bugs worked are worked out.

That's probably more realistic anyway.

Then we can start doing apples to apples comparison with TSP 2.0 and Itch 2.0
    Known as Robtronik.

http://www.facebook.com.com/djrobtronik | Visit, Like, Stay in touch.

Tech Guru

Yawn.

=) j/k

I loved my VCI-300 but other than those kick ass warp markers itch has I don't see competing with Traktors goodness.

Rob are you an Itch user? I may still be on the beta team, let me take a look.
    :: Kontrol Z2 :: :: Technics 1200 :: :: Pioneer DJM 250 :: Kontrol X1 MkII :: :: Maschine :: :: Kontrol S4 ::

ill just wait for the final release to come out being that i dont use itch as much, but I always keep a copy handy
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Look forward to trying this.

When researching/investigating software options after deciding to upgrade from VirtualDJ, Traktor SEEMED like the 'better' option - for MY needs. As a Traktor devotee you can't but help notice this ongoing Traktor vs. Serato power struggle. This for example fuels that fire - I am tempted to say "but of course, they HAVE to coincide with Traktor 2". Instead I'll say "way to go Serato". No doubt the debate will heat up again.

[@ Karlos - do you ever actually USE Itch, or just follow it's development? You seem very open-minded on the TP vs. Itch debate?]
    Last edited by JonathanBlake; 03-05-2011 at 01:25 AM. Reason: edit

what is exactly changing in Itch?
    /人◕‿‿◕人\
    --Its not the OS, It's the user--

Tech Guru

im a user of both softwares and really they both have tremendous benefits. I really enjoy Itch's simplicity and ease of use and the beatgridding/warping function is the best of ANY DJ software out there. What sucks about this 2.0 thing is that it was supposed to have been released 2 years ago and it's been a series of let downs by Serato, so most folks expect this to be a big one. I think the use of The Bridge will be bigger for Itch users since the use of controllers is already party of their set.

For me personally the largest advantage of using Traktor is the flexibility of controllers, timecode, just an X1 and an mixer, etc. Where in Itch you have a limited number of controllers to choose from. The upside is the NS7 and V7's are awesome and a joy to play on. But then again so is the S4. Looking forward to seeing what 2.0 has in store. My NS7 needs some lovin!!

For those going to WMC Rob is playing with a group of Itch users at the Catalina Hotel on Wed. Should be a good time and good display of what Itch can really do. See you then brother!
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

The NS6 looks great (FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRR better than the shitty Pioneer DDJ-S1) It also can be used as a standalone mixer which I am impressed for the same price point as the S4. Also if Felix is right you can map it to any dvs software without a problem. (Heard there were problems doing so with the NS7)

Would be cool to use sometime and that would be the only thing to move me to Itch
    /人◕‿‿◕人\
    --Its not the OS, It's the user--

Tech Wizard

great news

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast