Bomes Midi Translator Pro: HOME and Ctrl-HOME the same?

Default Bomes Midi Translator Pro: HOME and Ctrl-HOME the same?

I'm working on converting my keyboard layout from Traktor 3.4 to Traktor Pro. Today I was working on converting the track preview functionality I had set up in 3.4.

My goal is to use one button for all Preview functionality as such:

1. Pressing HOME should load the selected track into the preview player and start preview playback
    2. Pressing Ctrl-HOME should increment the playback position by the "course" value.
    3. Pressing HOME again should stop playback of the preview player

I've setup a variable in Bomes to handle toggling the HOME functionality between "load and start playback" and "stop playback". Works fine. The incoming trigger is, of course, "HOME".

Here's my problem, when I press Ctrl-HOME, it triggers my incoming triggers for #1 & #3. BAD! My preview deck will fast forward by the increment value, but with every other press of the HOME button, it will toggle on and off because the rules for #1 & #3 will fire.

Is there a way to distinguish a Ctrl-HOME from a HOME in Bomes? Is there another way to handle this that I don't see? Is this impossible and must I settle with using an additional button to handle #2?
    Last edited by B33SON; 01-06-2009 at 01:20 AM.
    Myspace: B33SON
    Myspace: B33 Events
    Facebook: B33SONB33
    YouTube: Mix Competition

yeah on the incomming hold control and press home - that will be your incomming trigger for your translation.

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post
    yeah on the incomming hold control and press home - that will be your incomming trigger for your translation.
    Which version of Bomes are you using? When I press Ctrl then "Ctrl" displays in the textbox. If I then add HOME, then only "Home" displays in the textbox.

ooh wait Bomes only supports multiple keys on the outgoing sorry !

But!! theres still a fix -

bomes registers up and down keys so you would need to set a global variable that turns to 1 when ctrl press is down then 0 when ctrl press is up.

Then use midi rules to determine if ctrl is pressed when the home button is hit.

So on the incomming of the home the rules should be check to see if the modifer you created above is set to 1 and if it is then to perform a different action.

If you are still having problems just say and ill write the code for you then post it here

Ah. Good thinking. I think that'll work. I just needed someone smarter than me to figure it out.