Traktor Pro to Traktor Pro - problemos?

Default Traktor Pro to Traktor Pro - problemos?

so my friend and I are are trying to run to Traktor Pros through 2 laptops. we both are using Pro V 1.0.1, vci-100s with the SE .tsi.

here are the problems we're getting:

1) the midi clocks take a while to send. when testing we sent a 130 bpm clock to a 110 bpm clock and it usually takes 10 or so seconds to get the clocks to be approx. around the same bpm.

-they are never exact. and they take a take a long time trying to find a happy medium...they'll go down to 128 then go up to 132...before settling at 130.38 for instance

2) my vci-100 can control his traktor pro... notably:

-my cue/pause will play both my deck B and his deck B.
    -my loop sets (small black buttons) will set loops on mine and his.
    -and the juggle button at the top...just plays both his decks A,B at the same time.

is this a 1.0.1 problem. is there something else we're doing wrong?

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

I can't speak to the MIDI clock sends, but you might want to consider changing the channels your VCI-100 works on with something like Bomes. That way yours is transmitting on channel 1 and his is transmitting on channel 2 or something like that.

Just an idea.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

How are midi signals being sent from one computer to the other ?

Changing the channel wont effect anything.

This sounds like a midi jitter problem.
    Last edited by BentoSan; 01-07-2009 at 03:54 AM.

uh oh...whats midi jitter? and can we fix it?

right now the only thing we have running are 2 traktors and 2 sound cards with midi cables in/out out/in respectively into each others cards... one traktor has their clock on 'external'...while the other has theirs on auto and with the button play/pause turned on.

thats basically how the signal is being sent.

ive been trying to mess around with midi ox and bomes but nothing seems to work. but thanks for the suggestion DVLS.

anymore help would be great.

Midi jitter is a fluxuation in the latency of the midi messages - its actually quite difficult to determine what is causing this change in latency.

If i had this problem i would first send the midi clock to ableton on the same pc using virtual drivers to be sure the signal being sent is indeed constant - once it hits the right tempo it shouldnt be that far off.

Then id try to get my hands on a third soundcard to try and determine which soundcard was causing the midi jitter.

Even better though would be to form an OSC sync, i have been really busy though recently and havent been able to test this myself with Traktor Pro. Its well high on the to do list though.

The midi sync will get the tempos right but a midi clock really isnt that great for tempo changes.