quick rant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: quick rant

Default quick rant

is it me or does anyone else notice an increase in activity from anti-sync fascist hive mind lately?

Bob Dylan went electric, The Chemical Brothers adopted a CDJ (gasp!), Kraftwerk used software......change is the only constant...Purists need to stop fucking squirming when someone else embraces a technology.

this is my plea: STFU and mix.

yes im calling out you bay area serato djs that step away from a train wreck only to immediately talk shit about the other headliners because they dared to use the sync button with they're 4 deck mix. such a joke.

/rant
    Last edited by sm00sh; 03-06-2011 at 03:32 PM.

Tech Wizard

I completely agree with you. All that really matters is what's coming out of the speakers.

The haters are just worried they're going to be left in the dust.

Tech Wizard

the problem is that people like you spew hot air all the time about getting bashed. You state that sync enables you use 4 decks, loops, samples, fx, all this other stuff that you wouldnt normally be able to do without those extra 10 seconds.

I have yet to really see anyone use the new technologies to their full extent, besides the pros who are advertising them.

Learn to use em. Use the sync button. I dont care. Everyone needs to stop bitching and just play music. This all goes back to good ol PLUR

Quote Originally Posted by rdperry View Post
    all that really matters is what's coming out of the speakers.
    +111111
    MBP 13" | M-Audio Oxygen 49 | Launchpad | TSP | NanoKontrol | LPD8

Soundcloud | YouTube | Blog

Free iStuff | UK Cashback

Quote Originally Posted by Synec View Post
    I have yet to really see anyone use the new technologies to their full extent, besides the pros who are advertising them.
    I think this is a vast generalization my friend. Perhaps you should get out more? (i mean no disrespect..i just have no idea where your from or what your the scene is like there) There are plenty of artist doing new and creative things with this technology.

Quote Originally Posted by Synec View Post
    Learn to use em. Use the sync button. I dont care. Everyone needs to stop bitching and just play music. This all goes back to good ol PLUR
    agreed. hence my plea.

Quote Originally Posted by Rdperry View Post
    I completely agree with you. All that really matters is what's coming out of the speakers.
    The haters are just worried they're going to be left in the dust.
    This is my only reply to anyone bashing laptop/ sync DJ's.
    I play everything Indie/ Rock/ HipHop/ Cheese/ Electro/ Dubstep and anything that sounds good

Tsp 1.7/ Tsp 2/ Sony vaio Win 7 4gb Ram / Macbook Pro 13 inch (Main machine) /vci 100 se/ mixdeck/ audio 8/ technics rph headphones/ Custom xBox Controller/ Akai Lpd8

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyFish View Post
    +111111
    Even though I make the same rants, I raise you another +111111.
    MacBook Pro 2.4GHz Core i7 :: Mac OS X Mountain Lion 10.10.5
    Traktor Pro 2.9 :: Launchpad :: MIDI Fighter Pro Beatmasher/3D

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by sm00sh View Post
    is it me or does anyone else notice an increase in activity from anti-sync fascist hive mind lately?

Bob Dylan went electric, The Chemical Brothers adopted a CDJ (gasp!), Kraftwerk used software......change is the only constant...Purists need to stop fucking squirming when someone else embraces a technology.

this is my plea: STFU and mix.

yes im calling out you bay area serato djs that step away from a train wreck only to immediately talk shit about the other headliners because they dared to use the sync button with they're 4 deck mix. such a joke.

/rant
    Thou doth protest too much. :P

do your thing. Who cares what others think.

Pot meet kettle. You are doing the same thing to them as you accuse them doing to you...

seriously.
    Known as Robtronik.

http://www.facebook.com.com/djrobtronik | Visit, Like, Stay in touch.

Quote Originally Posted by robtronik View Post
    Thou doth protest too much. :P
    Mubarak? jk jk

Quote Originally Posted by robtronik View Post
    Pot meet kettle. You are doing the same thing to them as you accuse them doing to you...

seriously.
    this is like stealing your bike back from the bike thief....while similar, its hardly the same thing. while i admit posting a rant on a high traffic forum is hardly "STFU"....that is not congruent to the showing of self importance and blinded bias showed by way too many people it seems

Seriously.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast