Transition from internal mixing to external?

Default Transition from internal mixing to external?

Hey ok guys i have a problem im not really to sure how to make the transition to external mixing.

Like do i need to adjust eq before using internal effects when i mix with an external mixer.
    Im curious about this because i am looking into purchasing a mixer.
    Quote Originally Posted by ctrld View Post
    confession time: I clicked on this thread only because my dirty mind made a connection between "6 analogues and 14 digitals" and "2 girls 1 cup".
    Setup: VAI-40, Nanokey2, APC20, Ableton, (Shit ton of VST), TP2, DN SC2000, LPD8 (RIP) MF3D (with custom Mapping FX for ableton for Turnado and Artillary2 (ill release it when its been perfected.) PM me if interested in the mapping or helping me with it.

EQ and volume knobs get turned off in external mode and you control them with the mixer.
    It's all the same really just now with your eq and volume faders not inside the box
    /人◕‿‿◕人\
    --Its not the OS, It's the user--

Tech Guru

the FX in external mode are applied on the deck channel before it goes out of the sound card. As MuzicFreq said, EQ and channel faders are disabled in ext mixer mode, so basically, the FX will act as pre-fader (since your fader is outside of traktor).

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by MuzicFreq View Post
    EQ and volume knobs get turned off in external mode and you control them with the mixer.
    Quote Originally Posted by loop View Post
    As MuzicFreq said, EQ and channel faders are disabled in ext mixer mode

No, you're both wrong. EQs are not turned off in external mixer mode. (channel and cross-faders are disabled, though.)

Quote Originally Posted by itskindahot View Post
    No, you're both wrong. EQs are not turned off in external mixer mode. (channel and cross-faders are disabled, though.)
    Last time I looked the eq section went poof as well........ which was today
    /人◕‿‿◕人\
    --Its not the OS, It's the user--

EQ isn't disabled in external mode, but by default traktor will switch to an external mixer layout which hides the EQ section, x fader and level faders. The level and x faders won't work in external mode, but EQ will and if you want to see it you can turn the EQ view back on in the layout prefs.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    EQ isn't disabled in external mode, but by default traktor will switch to an external mixer layout which hides the EQ section, x fader and level faders. The level and x faders won't work in external mode, but EQ will and if you want to see it you can turn the EQ view back on in the layout prefs.
    yes, this is what i was having in the back of my mind.

Tech Guru

you're right! only the volume faders are disabled. My bad.

BTW, it's a widely requested feature to have them enabled even in external mixing mode as many people are routing Traktor into Ableton in External mode, but still want to use their Traktor controller (e.g. VCI-100, S4) for controlling all mixer aspects of Traktor. (if you wonder WTF? - it's for applying FX in ableton on the individual channels)

External mixing FTW
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "