Anybody explain how the pedal midi messages work in ean's oxygen tks/enigma files?
    Tech Convert

Default Anybody explain how the pedal midi messages work in ean's oxygen tks/enigma files?

First of all want to say a big hello to all the forum users and a special hello and thank you to Ean for his exellent site.

I have downloaded ean's oxygen 8 tks and enigma files and had a play around with them and would like to know how the midi messages for the pedal work regards pressing the peal to make the oxygen's keys send different messages. I have looked in the traktor midi setup pages and can't see any differences e.g. C sharp 3 acts as a loop without the pedal pressed but also works as cue jump 1 with the pedal pressed but both are set up the same as just C sharp 3.

One other thing I noticed is that there is also a deck cue/play instant control which is also C sharp 3. Anybody explain what this is for. I understand that to do SAMPLE PLAY “sample and hold” you would need 2 actions on the same key, cue jump as well as a deck cue pause on the same key/note but I have set up DIRECT PLAY cueing in the past with just a cue jump key so wondering what adding deck cue/play instant to the same key does.

Once I understand how it all work I would like to set up if possible a buttom on the oxygen that will let me switch between SAMPLE PLAY triggering and DIRECT PLAY triggering when the pedal is down just like ean does with his 2 pedal on his vci-100.

I have more questions but for now I will leave it at that. So glad I found this site. Been djing and playing piano/drums for years and did get into a little controllerism around 3-4 years back before I even new what it was and left it due to other things at the time. This site has just got me back interested in it.

After watching ean's guitar hero video it's got me thinking about using my v-drums to control traktor.

Quote Originally Posted by Azz View Post
    First of all want to say a big hello to all the forum users and a special hello and thank you to Ean for his exellent site.

I have downloaded ean's oxygen 8 tks and enigma files and had a play around with them and would like to know how the midi messages for the pedal work regards pressing the peal to make the oxygen's keys send different messages. I have looked in the traktor midi setup pages and can't see any differences e.g. C sharp 3 acts as a loop without the pedal pressed but also works as cue jump 1 with the pedal pressed but both are set up the same as just C sharp 3.

One other thing I noticed is that there is also a deck cue/play instant control which is also C sharp 3. Anybody explain what this is for. I understand that to do SAMPLE PLAY “sample and hold” you would need 2 actions on the same key, cue jump as well as a deck cue pause on the same key/note but I have set up DIRECT PLAY cueing in the past with just a cue jump key so wondering what adding deck cue/play instant to the same key does.

Once I understand how it all work I would like to set up if possible a buttom on the oxygen that will let me switch between SAMPLE PLAY triggering and DIRECT PLAY triggering when the pedal is down just like ean does with his 2 pedal on his vci-100.
    It sounds like you need to understand about the power of midi layers in traktor. Thats how all of those functions are executed. The Dj TT tutorial for that can be found here:
    http://www.djtechtools.com/2008/02/0...th-one-button/

hope that helps

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by eangolde View Post
    It sounds like you need to understand about the power of midi layers in traktor. Thats how all of those functions are executed. The Dj TT tutorial for that can be found here:
    http://www.djtechtools.com/2008/02/0...th-one-button/

hope that helps

Cheers for the info ean. Will take a look and no doubt be back with more questions.

Tech Convert

Can't believe it's that simple. I was expecting some advance midi programing.

Also not sure how I missed that article. Big Big thanks ean.