Kontrol S4 USB Port?
    Tech Mentor

Default Kontrol S4 USB Port?

I just bought the S4 over the weekend and love it!!

Quick question, I noticed the very first time, when I inserted the USB cable into the back of the S4, It was extremely hard to insert. When pulling it out, its also hard.

Is this normal or is it faulty?

Thanks for any help.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Normal, and a nice feature to keep the controller from getting accidentally unplugged.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Mentor

Thanks, I was scratching my head last night, had a bit to drink , wondering is this the way it was built or did i break a piece in there.

THanks photojojo

When you say extremely tight grip, do you mean when compared to ya average usb device?

The port on the S4 has some sort of catch system inside that insures a nice firm grip, shame they didn't put it on the X1 too.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Dubba Dutch View Post
    When you say extremely tight grip, do you mean when compared to ya average usb device?

The port on the S4 has some sort of catch system inside that insures a nice firm grip, shame they didn't put it on the X1 too.
    Photojojo cleared it up for me, yea that catch system is what I was asking about. I didn't know if it was built this way or if it was faulty.

I've never encountered any other usb device with this feature.

The X1 USB Port wasn't like this.

Tech Wizard

Speaking of that, my X1 and A8DJ had nice extra click when I inserted the USB port into but I recently had to use an older USB cable that for some reason had to be pushed in extra hard into my USB port to attach and since using that cable both the ports on my X1 and Audio 8 DJ are fairly loose , like they work but I can pull them out without any effort or force, which hopefully won't be a problem in a live setting but could be risky... any ways this can be fixed?! Thanks

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by mr.magma View Post
    Speaking of that, my X1 and A8DJ had nice extra click when I inserted the USB port into but I recently had to use an older USB cable that for some reason had to be pushed in extra hard into my USB port to attach and since using that cable both the ports on my X1 and Audio 8 DJ are fairly loose , like they work but I can pull them out without any effort or force, which hopefully won't be a problem in a live setting but could be risky... any ways this can be fixed?! Thanks
    Electrical tape.
    The type every dj should have.
    Wrap it around the cable and onto the audio8 case.
    I do a figure 8 thing.
    -Plug in the cable
    -Stick Tape to case of device
    -Loop it up and round then cable
    -Then tape the end back to the device.

Tech Wizard

Thanks for the reply, that sort of went over my head lol... I get the electrical tape, what exactly am I supposed to do with that and the cable? Is this just so that once I plug in the usb connection to the audio8 it stays fixed, like I plug it in and put around it so the cable stays permanently attached to the audio8? Lol sorry I'm a bit confused... Just to clarify the connector on the right in this image: http://assets.head-fi.org/d/d6/d6c39cb5_USBA-B.jpg is the one that's easily comes off and is looser inside the A8DJ than it was before...