Where do we draw the line?
    Tech Mentor

Default Where do we draw the line?

I love the forums here and usually could give 2 shits about when someone posts something that doesn't interest me. Especially when it is posted as OT I know it may not necessarily pertain to DJing. But some OT posts (and a few even not labeled as OT) make me question where do the moderators draw the line as to locking out a thread or where should we as a community draw the line?

Case in point: An OT post earlier today titled 10/10 Would Plow Thread. Nothing at all wrong with this in my opinion. It was photos of 10 broads, some of them in their underwear. And at the end it had a picture of wood and a plow. No nudity or not even obscene language or slandering of anyone. Yet this was closed down probably within an hour or 2 after it opened. What was the problem with the post?

Continuing furthermore, why would that post get flagged, but an OT post about a video that has a race car driver wrecking does not get locked out? How does that have anymore to do with DJing then women in their underwear? Or if you want me to closer link a post, what about the post titled: How much attention do you get when DJing. Again, I have no problem at all with this post, but I can't see how this post in which users have told some stories about women while DJing is much different from actually showing photos of women (again, not nude) in a post.

Sorry for the winded post, but had to try and explain my thought process. No disrespect either to any of the OP of the threads which I mentioned or the moderators who make the decisions & help answer many questions. I just am not one for censorship, as I am sure most of us DJs, producers, and musicians can probably agree on that. So moderators, how do you draw the line on posts, besides illegality and slander? Who are you actually censoring this for or from? What do you think DJTT members?

ok, look. we need to not be oggling over women on here because we need to respect both sexes.

as for the car crash, he didnt die, and injuries were minimal.

as for half naked women within a thread whos topic is otherwise: this is minimal. it happens, but we move on, and the frequent posters (including the fresh batch of mods, just before becoming mods) agreed to post such picture less frequently.

we are a bit of a sausage fest, so we need to not scare what few women lurk here away. (lurk not always = posting)

also, DJTT is a business, so you have to look at it like that too.
    lol kool his kar flipped =/= OMFG. her TITS!
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

It boils down to one being inappropriate and the other being just off topic.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Hey mate. That was Karlos' call (good one) Re: The post you mentioned.
    Generally as long as a thread is labelled [OT] and is in the General Discussion subforum, and as long as it is in relatively good taste, doesn't offend anybody or anything we are all cool with it. Obviously if it is reported as abusive, sexist or non appropriate a mod may remove it and give the OP a warning or infraction, but this rarely happens. Hey, we all need a laugh occassionally right
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

BOOM
    headshot.

/thread.
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

agreed.
    [closed]
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "