New Macbooks - Traktor & Integrated Graphics
    Tech Convert

Default New Macbooks - Traktor & Integrated Graphics

I'm about to pull the trigger on a new MBP and will be using Traktor until TP2 comes out 4/1. While I think I know the answer to this question I want to ask around to see what you all have experienced.

The new 13" MBP's use the Intel HD Graphics 3000. I highly doubt that integrated graphics will give me issues with Traktor but don't know much about this particular chip because the older Macbook Pro's used the GeForce 320m which was also integrated.

Anyone have experience with this, and does anyone foresee any issues with the new waveforms and such with TP2?

I'd say there's fuck all chance of something as simple as a coloured waveform causing you any problems. High framerate games maybe, but nothing Traktor's gna throw at you.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Tech Convert

Yeah I figured the same, yet can't understand why I've seen threads where people are talking about GPU's with their own memory being best for Traktor.

better in general yes, but Traktor really is not GPU intensive.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Tech Guru

I have seen Traktor running on netbooks with no issues. it really is not going to be an issue. There could be a few issues with the latest games thats about it. but apple will work with vendors to sort that hopfully. Older games it should be able to handle it might need to lower frame rate

Tech Convert

Thanks guys. I will not be playing games on this thing so I could care less, it's used for Traktor and random portability BS. My gaming PC rig handles all the gaming .

Quote Originally Posted by tombruton69 View Post
    I have seen Traktor running on netbooks with no issues. it really is not going to be an issue. There could be a few issues with the latest games thats about it. but apple will work with vendors to sort that hopfully. Older games it should be able to handle it might need to lower frame rate
    I have a net book for college and have traktor running perfect on it. Im on it right now running traktor and chrome and have no problems. The only issues i have is when i start running effects on two channels or more. Does not run anywhere near as good as my gig rig but it does the job.

Anyway back on topic im sure any decent graphics card will do.
    I play everything Indie/ Rock/ HipHop/ Cheese/ Electro/ Dubstep and anything that sounds good

Tsp 1.7/ Tsp 2/ Sony vaio Win 7 4gb Ram / Macbook Pro 13 inch (Main machine) /vci 100 se/ mixdeck/ audio 8/ technics rph headphones/ Custom xBox Controller/ Akai Lpd8

Tech Guru

Apples poor choices with graphics cards is a super sore spot for me.
    Baked Chicken | Brown Rice | Asparagus | Apple Juice | Snack Wells | Pretzel Chips | Lots of Water

Traktor ran without any problem for me the other day on a 2006 Macbook (the infamous Blackbook <3). My set lasted 5 hours, 1,5 of which were Electro House and Dubstep with HEAVY effect use.

I think you'll be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by looneygeorge View Post
    Traktor ran without any problem for me the other day on a 2006 Macbook (the infamous Blackbook <3). My set lasted 5 hours, 1,5 of which were Electro House and Dubstep with HEAVY effect use.

I think you'll be fine.
    Thats the one I have for my S4 and the thing run perfect. 2.4Ghz C2D 2GB RAM and some crap Integrated Intel GPU that is not used for graphic intensive gaming. Keep in mind that macbook was bought used and under me
    ; fell to the floor more than 5 times that I know of, Had the screen replaced due to me stepping on top of it cracking the original one, has been reformated like 3-4 times, the outer polycarbonate body is starting to fall apart and the thing just wont die. I think I'll have that Macbook for a long LONG time.
    Erase. Stop. Start.