VCI-300 Audio Output problems

Default VCI-300 Audio Output problems

I have a Macbook Pro with the following specs:

• 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    • 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
    • Mac OS X Version 10.5.5

The software I'm using with the VCI-300 is Serato ITCH.

After selecting a track to play, it seems to run fine in ITCH, and I have full control of the selected file but for some reason I'm not outputting any audio from my TS Jack Master Outputs on the back of the VCI-300. Also, I can tell that there is no audio output because none of the 12 LED level indicators light up when the track is playing.

The VCI-300 takes up 500 mA of current through my USB. (Seems typical)

When I go into: System Preferences / Sound, in the Output Tab, when selecting the VCI-300 as the device, a message displays: "The selected device has no output controls".

When I go into: Finder / Applications / Utilities / Audio MIDI Setup, under Audio Output, "Master Stream" and "Source: Default" are greyed out, the format is "44100.0 Hz 4ch-16bit"

Does anybody have any idea of what could possibly be going on?

After installing some firmware updates, I've lost control of the track.

Before the firmware update I was able to load a track and play it with no audio output.

After the update, I can now load a track but it will not play.

When I go into: System Preferences / Sound, in the Output Tab, it now says that the VCI-300 is Idle.

Looks like I solved my own problem here.

I just downloaded the latest beta version of ITCH 1.0.4, and everything seems to work fine now!

Tech Wizard

friend of mine reported exactly the same behaviour after updating his osx to the latest version. he had to reinstall osx since timemachine wasnt set up. so maybe that was an 10.5.5 incompatibility which was fixed in the latest itch version...

Tech Guru

I stay away from Apple updates..They have never really helped me, unless I already had problems. My Macbook runs great, so why break it or add an "update" which usually screws it up.