Newbie!

Thread: Newbie!

Default Newbie!

Hey everybody!

I've been lingering for a while, watching Ean's videos, and reading tons of posts here so I figured I might as well introduce myself. I DJ with another friend of mine at my college for house and frat parties here. We like playing really loud, abrasive electro/fidget stuff mixed in with cheesy pop songs and tons of acapellas mixed in. Never DJed in a club before, but I'm looking into it.

I heart digital djing and want to learn tons and tons about it.

Right now, I have sort of a cheap, bastardized setup that actually works pretty well. I'm running Traktor on my Macbook, and I've got a Behringer BCD3000 (saving up for the VCI-100) and a M-Audio Oxygen 61 Midi Keyboard to which I've mapped all the functions that I couldn't fit onto the mixer so me and my friend can control all 4 decks when live. I had the keyboard because I play in a band with it, and I figured I might as well use the extra controls if I can.

So. Now I have a question I would like to pose to you guys. I want to label my keyboard with what functions I've mapped to it, but I don't want to write directly on it. I've tried using tape and such, but everytime we play live, you know, hands get sweaty (we usually have our booth in the middle of the floor) and half of them end up peeling or coming off during the show.
    Can any of you guys recommend a way of labelling it so that it would work well throughout the show?

(Remember, I would also still use this to play keys for my band)

Word!

umm plastic labels might work.
    www.myspace.com/djxsquizet
    my arsenal:
    2x vestax pdx, numark dxm09, m-audio x session pro, and ableton live 6.

I spin hip hop/electro/top 40

my 10minmix video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqAgSmaG4zM

reorder the keys moldover style to make it really intuative so you dont need to even look at the labels.