Looking for honest dj's opinion
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Looking for honest dj's opinion

I am a current user of Traktor Scratch Pro, and plan on upgrading to TSP 2 on April 1st which I am super excited about. It just so happens that April 2nd I will be playing the biggest show I have yet to play infront of around 1500-2000 people. My question is, do I use TSP 2 for the gig or wait? Any feedback or thoughts would be great!

Well you can install both side by side, so I'd say install TSP2 on April 1st and give it a thorough test of everything you normally use (EQ, any FX, filters in different combinations, key lock while tembo bending, etc), if you find problems then use TSP1 for the gig.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    Well you can install both side by side, so I'd say install TSP2 on April 1st and give it a thorough test of everything you normally use (EQ, any FX, filters in different combinations, key lock while tembo bending, etc), if you find problems then use TSP1 for the gig.
    this, or just tsp1 anyway. just cos you got the latest one on there doesn't mean you have to use it

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

Indeed, and also in 1 day you're unlikely to change your style to incorporate the new features (except maybe the waveforms). Sample decks etc will take a bit of work and experimentation to figure out I think.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5

Tech Wizard

Ya, that was kinda what I was thinking, the one thing I was really looking forward too was the sample decks...

My concern would be if Traktor 2 has some different way of doing a key thing. I'd stick with Traktor and install Traktor 2 after the gig personally. It's only a couple of more days for the sake of a big gig!

Peresonally, I wouldn;t risk it. If you hit something accidentally and activate one of the sample decks, you won;t necessarily know how to get out of it unless you spend 1st and 2nd running through Traktor 2 instead of rehearsing for the gig.

Personally, I'd hold on before using Traktor 2 live.
    Ableton 9.7.5, Native Instruments Komplete Ultimate 11, MOTU 828 Mk2, Nektar Impact LX61+, Ableton Push, Native Instruments Kore 2, and a random selection of soft synths and sample libraries.
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit with Core i7 4960X Extreme Edition 12 core CPU, 64GB RAM, SanDisk Ultra Extreme SSDs and a GeForce GTX 970 G1 Gaming GPU.

well if you think you have a good way to use them then go for it!

It also just struck me that a lot of NI's big name DJs are currently using the beta live and we haven't heard about any major fuckups yet.

I'm in the same boat mate. Show on the same night as you, but will be sticking with TSP 1.2.7 till i've tested Pro 2 thoroughly
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

download the demo and test run it when it comes out
    /人◕‿‿◕人\
    --Its not the OS, It's the user--

Demo won't be out before the full release.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast