OT: Who's heard of this guy? - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by HerbStrike View Post
    People think they can be daft punk if they put on a mask and act mysterious, watching the couple of mixes on that video is he just cutting on the drop? am i right he just knows his tunes and where to drop the next one?
    bingo. then dance around like an idiot flailing his arms.

atleast thats what i see.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    Ya I've heard one song. It's called Skrillex.
    13" Macbook - 256gb SSD, 750gb HDD, 8gb Ram ❘ DDJ-SX | HDJ-2000
    Kontrol Z1 | Midifighter 3D | Kontrol X1

Quote Originally Posted by djnesquigs View Post
    bingo. then dance around like an idiot flailing his arms.

atleast thats what i see.
    pfft what a joker that's how i started learning to mix cutting on the drop if you get the right playlist and work out exactly where to cut it, it sound good but then you might as well just be a radio dj, no musical expression, just crazy out of step dancing that make's him look like he is having a bit of an epi
    Here's Where I Put My Stuff Remix's/Mix's/and............. Genrally Madness

Sound Cloud :: http://soundcloud.com/herbstrike
    FaceBook :: http://www.facebook.com/pages/HerbSt...2547446?ref=ts

Tech Mentor

I don't know what was in everyone's cereal but it seems to me he's just having a good time. Who cares if he's wearing a mask.. or dances like crazy.

But he ain't DJing. It's just bad performance "art" if you ask me.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

regarding the mask thing: its more of a trademark (as long as its not the main thing its ok, to me)

for example, the guys at modestep use a face as their logo with X for eyes. so for their concerts they put on basic cheap plastic yellow masks with Xs on the eyes.

but wearing a mask like this kid is kind of... lame and over done
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    Do we need to wear masks? I dont like masks.
    the only people allowed to wear masks in my book are Daft Punk and Bob Rifo and his gang

Tech Wizard

Lol who cares about the mask. I just remember watching him and just thinking that he wasn't doing much than selecting lots of good songs, playing all the best parts of them and then switching between then when one of them came close to the end. I would have liked to seen some cool effects and build-ups, some more impressive transitions but hey it seems most people don't care about it and love him anyway lol.

At least he's enjoying himself.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Though he looks rather feminine.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Quote Originally Posted by ElmoNZ View Post
    I just remember watching him and just thinking that he wasn't doing much than selecting lots of good songs, playing all the best parts of them and then switching between then when one of them came close to the end.
    Good songs? He struck me as the Lady Gaga of the DJ World, all show, no talent.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast