OT: Who's heard of this guy? - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quote Originally Posted by Quenepas View Post
    famous =/= good. (if) I see the proof, I stand corrected, until then I think this guy is full of shit.
    agree wholeheartedly.

and to the person who said he was mixing... what/when was he mixing? i didnt hear any layering of tracks nor in any of his videos was he at the decks long enough to do any sort of mixing/beatmatching (even if hes using sync - but im pretty sure he uses SSL) or effects.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    Ya I've heard one song. It's called Skrillex.
    13" Macbook - 256gb SSD, 750gb HDD, 8gb Ram ❘ DDJ-SX | HDJ-2000
    Kontrol Z1 | Midifighter 3D | Kontrol X1

Iv just skipped through it and from what i can see and from what has been said their is nothing special going on. Is he even mixing??
    But with all those views he must be doing something right and catering for some sort of crowd. Even though he just raped my ears.
    I play everything Indie/ Rock/ HipHop/ Cheese/ Electro/ Dubstep and anything that sounds good

Tsp 1.7/ Tsp 2/ Sony vaio Win 7 4gb Ram / Macbook Pro 13 inch (Main machine) /vci 100 se/ mixdeck/ audio 8/ technics rph headphones/ Custom xBox Controller/ Akai Lpd8

Quote Originally Posted by michaeldunne109 View Post
    But with all those views he must be doing something right and catering for some sort of crowd
    The world consists of many sheep.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

Quote Originally Posted by SirReal View Post
    The world consists of many sheep.
    truth. i guess rather than complaining and shitting on this kid, we should be doing what hes doing to bring good mixing/djing/music to those poor dumb masses of sheep.....

might be a bit more constructive... although im always down for breaking down the popular kid (which bl3nd seems to be)

I wasn't complaining, just giving my opinion, which was asked for by the OP. But I get your point. (It was also starting to feel like a "debate" between a Conservatives & Liberals)
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

Quote Originally Posted by SirReal View Post
    I wasn't complaining, just giving my opinion, which was asked for by the OP. But I get your point. (It was also starting to feel like a "debate" between a Conservatives & Liberals)
    i wasnt saying you were complaining... ive done my fair share of bitching bout this kid cause i know alot of people who think they can dj and do what he does just cause hes on youtube and has a bunch of hits -- not to mention they undercut you with cracked software and shit... one even had the nerve to ask to borrow my kit (speakers/lights) for a gig he underbid me on -- i was almost tempted to be like,..... you want my s4/x1 and laptop while youre at it? -- hes using his laptops internal soundcard with a cracked version of VDJ pro.

/rant

sorry for that. its been bugging me all day.

Tech Student

I posted a longer drawn out response, but it disappeared????

Nonetheless saw him several months ago and met him. We talked about DJing, DVS, etc and he was very humbled by the response he has been getting.
    My friend was the promoter of the event and the folks who attended the sold out show - were all VERY HAPPY - still talk about it.
    DJ Bl3ND is a Serato user - sorry djtechtools fam .
    His mix is primarily electro with some faster spanish songs mixed in - not uncommon amongst a lot of LA DJ's.
    He's been selling out lots of shows to happy crowds, so cannot hate what he has done.
    The crazy dancing is his version of the electro shuffle. 100's do it at his shows. He's been accused of pre-mixing, but I saw him at the show and he mixed live with Serato and 1200's.
    I don't hate on DJ Bl3nd, he is a younger cat doing his thing and was humble, cool down to earth in person, but rocked the crowd at his show. Overall not the best DJ I've ever seen, but he didn't claim to be and delivered a good show, was on time, and worked the crowd.
    Lots of hype sure, but that happens with lots of DJ's too.... My .02
    PS There is youtube parodies of him like the guys with the scream masks on playing dirty dutch and dancing all crazy, which are funny, but DJ Blend baby is the funniest one in my opinion.
    Zapp

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Zapp View Post
    Overall not the best DJ I've ever seen, but he didn't claim to be and delivered a good show, was on time, and worked the crowd.
    Lots of hype sure, but that happens with lots of DJ's too....
    This exactly. I feel like a lotta people are giving this kid a way too hard time, probably because he's indeed overhyped. His mixing isn't bad though imo, as I said before: nothing revolutionary, but the transitions just sounded solid. It doesn't always have to be complex. This dude just knows how to get a party going, and I respect that skill.

The music wasn't exactly my cup of tea either, but hey, as long as there's demand for this kinda stuff, there's always gonna be dj's delivering it.

Oh by the way, not trying to fanboy here, I'd never even heard of him before this thread. I just think we need to chill down on him, he's not that bad, right?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345