Serato /Ableton ..what will it be ???
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Guru

Default Serato /Ableton ..what will it be ???

I have a hopes it will be a new application of something like will offer a lighter side of Ableton FX and a few new DJ tools fx, up to 8 tracks of Serato DJ/controller tracks and ability to import .asd Live tracks , etc..The interface will look like a mix of Live and Itch/SSL. . One can simply choose mp3's and spin them, warp them, ...add clips and all be in perfect sync..It will not be a production tool, but more of a play back only tool for `SSL/ ITCH dj's..Maybe we know next week at Namm, 2009.

I was just talking to Bento about this.

I doubt they'll come out with new software. My bet?

A Serato 2 channel rewire, with live BPM detection from the current serato bpm to control ableton's master BPM.

Serato is VERY minimal in their approach, so I doubt they'll get all fancy like tons of DJs are hoping.
    Monika.mhz - I do things. Also stuff.
    -------------------
    Read the F.A.Q!
    Articles: Streamline Your Laptop for Djs(Windows)

Tech Guru

hmm..maybe I thought this too, but these two companies are really into stabilty, so the likes of two apps running together may not be their approach.Not everyone has the desktop space for two apps together as well in a club. I think one app collated as one.. Live 8 with Serato tracks control ..would be dope.
    Would be cool though..we see.
    Last edited by claudek; 01-07-2009 at 01:51 PM.

Rule of thumb. If you say "it would be cool" Serato almost definitely won't do it. haha.

They're such catty b*tches when it comes to features and such. It took us sooo long just to get auto loops or midi control.
    -------------------
    Read the F.A.Q!

Tech Guru

I agree, but then again Serato SSL is the best selling digi program system on the market still..We see..I think they have to do something with fx soon and this collaboration is not a joke...what could they not be doing? I mean only adding Live looping or elastic audio to SSL? nahhha... I doubt it..It will be large if Ableton take control.

Quote Originally Posted by RSDJMoniker View Post
    Rule of thumb. If you say "it would be cool" Serato almost definitely won't do it. haha.

They're such catty b*tches when it comes to features and such. It took us sooo long just to get auto loops or midi control.
    I guess that has to do with alot of their customer base who are still into the vinyl snobbery . Hopefully they maybe come out with a better sound card .

maybe it will be something similiar to how deckadance can be run inside of ableton as a VST?

Tech Guru

I do not think it will be a VST..but who knows.
    But wonder if and when it comes out, Ritchie will put the Traktor back in the barn and switch back
    to Live/Serato

Quote Originally Posted by darrel855 View Post
    Hopefully they maybe come out with a better sound card .
    Unlikely. Serato has discussed this many times with people. a very small part of their customer base wants a 24-bit usb 2.0 mega awesome super wicked interface.

bottom line? Serato doesn't really need it. Serato is one of the least expensive DVS systems. I'd be PISSED if they raised the price by 200 bucks for something I'd never use. (I'd get use out of it, I'm just saying I bet that's how 90% of their customer base would feel)
    -------------------
    Read the F.A.Q!

Quote Originally Posted by claudek View Post
    Ritchie will put the Traktor back in the barn and switch back
    to Live/Serato
    He gets paid too much for traktor. lol
    -------------------
    Read the F.A.Q!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast