1st impressions......
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default 1st impressions......

Ok so my S4 came today, i sneaked home from work 40 mins early so i could get the software installed and have a quick play before the football was on @ 6pm. The software was painless to install, once i had done that and done the latest update it asked me if id like to copy all my files over from TSP which again was painless once it was done i fired up the controller and all i can say is FUCK ME!!! how fucking good are these S4 controllers!!!

I fuckin love the damn thing seriously if your thinking about gettin one dont think anymore just go and buy one. Obviously i havnt even scratched the surface with it in 40 mins of playing on it but it just works. Sound quality is perfect, no cracks, pops or glitches, latency i got set down very low indeed. Love having the 4 channels again now, faders feel great, and i have to say im very impressed with the jog wheels after using cdjs for a lot of years going to the vci was hard as the jog wheels are nothing alike whereas these feel a lot more like im used too.

I can manually beatmatch on it perfectly and ive noticed a difference in the sync facility whereas if you have the sync turned on and u notice one of the songs isnt perfectly synced you can get it right with the jogwheels and the sync function doesnt turn off like it did on TSP? is that right is this a new feature on the Pro S4 software?

Lots of people say its too big but i think its perfect size, its not heavy and feels solid and has got a great looking finish i think.

So to sum it up after a very short mess with it im in love with it, best thing ive ever bought cant wait to spend a good few hours on it over the weekend, think i might even smash a mix out on it

Just thought id share my 1st impressions of it with you all
    MacBook Pro 17" | 1 x Kontrol S4 | 2 x Technics 1210mk2 | Ortofon Elektro's | TSP | Facebook Soundcloud Mixcloud

love at first sight man. i was the same way.

i stared at mine for about an hr before i even turned it on. couldnt resist.

sexay beast that machine is! ENJOY BRUTHA! :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    Ya I've heard one song. It's called Skrillex.
    13" Macbook - 256gb SSD, 750gb HDD, 8gb Ram ❘ DDJ-SX | HDJ-2000
    Kontrol Z1 | Midifighter 3D | Kontrol X1

Tech Wizard

I'm in the same train as you... I got mine 2 weeks ago and I love it every time I touch it..now go ahead and change your signature equipments
    MBP----S4-----SONY MDR-V700

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Make sure you recalibrate the whole S4 Paul. Faders and knobs not just Jogs.
    They can unsettle in transit.

i shall have to read how to do all that, where can i find the info on it Karlos?
    MacBook Pro 17" | 1 x Kontrol S4 | 2 x Technics 1210mk2 | Ortofon Elektro's | TSP | Facebook Soundcloud Mixcloud

Mine should get here Monday or Tuesday. Can't wait!!!

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by djnesquigs View Post
    love at first sight man. i was the same way.

i stared at mine for about an hr before i even turned it on. couldnt resist.

sexay beast that machine is! ENJOY BRUTHA! :P

I did the same, my gf would come back every 15 mins and ask is it broken? I told her now, I'm in love

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by paulmac View Post
    i shall have to read how to do all that, where can i find the info on it Karlos?
    Just go into Preferences > S4 section and follow the on screen directions. Its easy and takes a few minutes.

can anyone tell me where you get the demo loops and demo one-shots from as at the mo the 2 crates along the top where your faves are they have a red X next to the and are empty?

i had that problem when i first installed... heres the thread.

http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25284

i believe padi was the one who led me to the answer. :P

i dont even use the loops/one shots that came with the s4... ive been making/slicing my own loops and clips in live and importing them (namedrops and whatnot.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    Ya I've heard one song. It's called Skrillex.
    13" Macbook - 256gb SSD, 750gb HDD, 8gb Ram ❘ DDJ-SX | HDJ-2000
    Kontrol Z1 | Midifighter 3D | Kontrol X1

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast