A new setup...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A new setup...

Default A new setup...

so ive scoured the interwebs in search of my nxt setup.

i would like opinions about the following:

Two V7's with a mixer and of course ITCH.
    my issue is do they use an internal soundcard? if not, i would need an external card ran out of my mixer? or would it run out of the v7s? and since itch doesnt record im guessing id need a program like soundforge to record.

next:

two turntables and a microphone no a mixer. with control vynil and traktor scratch pro or ssl.
    which is better? traktor is expensive, serato is boring. and which is more complicated to setup? does ssl or traktor record or would i need the soundforge stuff?

next, again:

NS7FX with traktor itch. my issue: INTERNAL SOUNDCARD. i hate internal soundcards, i use a mixdeck and this stupid things soundcard complicates EVERYTHING.

main thing__ i want something motorized, im tired of this dead controller thing (no offense). i mix happy hardcore and such and i want something thats alot more simple, where i can concentrate on beat matching and stuff. a few effects like flanger and delay are nice to have, i saw a tutorial of what itch's effect are and they seemed like all i needed.

im really just confused on what to get, im hoping opinions can point me in the correct direction

EDIT** if TSP is better, whats the difference between TSP and TSD?
    Last edited by ranzerox; 03-10-2011 at 05:35 PM.

Tech Wizard

It may be helpful for you to read the product descriptions on each company's website.

-V7's do not have an internal soundcard

-You will not need to use Soundforge, both Itch and Traktor are able to record.

Neither Traktor or Serato are boring or expensive when compared to one another. There are options either way, it depends what your budget is. For example, its probably better to choose whether the pros/cons of an internal soundcard outweigh the ones of an external.

well i just have a bad experience with recording via traktor because of my mixdeck. i have to use soundforge and an external connecteed to its record. and i read on a forum that itch couldnt record but i just checked and they were talking about a prior version. although you seem unbiased, does two v7's and a mixer seem like a good idea to you? its what im leaning towards. specially since the v7 have dual layers so they can control two decks with one

Tech Mentor

I love my mixdeck. It's a great piece of kit. The recording is odd, since they built it with CD's in mind and not traktor.

I record by taking the RCA out from RECORD to my line in on my PC and use audacity. Remember, turn your GAIN all the way down otherwise you will get recording clipping.

tonight ill run by guitarcenter and pick up an rca to headphone cable and try it out.

youd buy that from GC? go to radioshack or walmart or something.... youll prob pay less.

a simple Y cable (which is what your talking about) shouldnt set you back more than 10 bucks at Radioshack... youll prob pay a hell of alot more at GC/they may not have it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    Ya I've heard one song. It's called Skrillex.
    13" Macbook - 256gb SSD, 750gb HDD, 8gb Ram ❘ DDJ-SX | HDJ-2000
    Kontrol Z1 | Midifighter 3D | Kontrol X1

Quote Originally Posted by ssjaken View Post
    I love my mixdeck. It's a great piece of kit. The recording is odd, since they built it with CD's in mind and not traktor.

I record by taking the RCA out from RECORD to my line in on my PC and use audacity. Remember, turn your GAIN all the way down otherwise you will get recording clipping.
    And, do you have an example of the quality you get? soundcloud or something?

Quote Originally Posted by djnesquigs View Post
    youd buy that from GC? go to radioshack or walmart or something.... youll prob pay less.

a simple Y cable (which is what your talking about) shouldnt set you back more than 10 bucks at Radioshack... youll prob pay a hell of alot more at GC/they may not have it.
    thank you, "The Shack" it is!

Tech Wizard

V7's are excellent. It will be a straightforward transition from the mixdeck for you as well. For me its generally a question of cost vs. benefit. If its worth the money to you, getting a DJM with the V7's is a great idea. The NS7FX is a reasonable middle ground, it has most of the benefits for a little less money.

yeah, money is an issue but not much, i dont wanna get the ns7 and still wanna upgrade to the two v7s. it seems smarter to skip the ns7 and go straight for the v7 mixer setup

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast