Question regarding VCI-100 TSI for Traktor Pro (1_5)
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default Question regarding VCI-100 TSI for Traktor Pro (1_5)

Hello

Thanks for the great work, I am using 1.3 firmware and I just loaded 1_5. I noticed that the Cue for deck A triggers the 3rd fx button.

Hope I explained right.

Tech Mentor

yup it comes with beta testing. here are the bugs I found with my configuration.

VCI-100 SE 1.5 TSI FILE

BUGS

1. Deck A and B square buttons for loops light up randomly, I cant say there is an exact chain of buttons that will cause this. It will randomly happen.

2. Deck A cue button, will light up blue randomly, whenever I play with any effect.

3. The last FX button is not activating my FX. It lights up but it doesn't activate nothing in traktor, this is both on Deck A and B

4. Frequently my controls will deactivate a function. I have to coordinate the on and off thru traktor. This happens too frequently!!

5. Irrelevant but worth mentioning, my fader on my VCI-100 has to be moved away, at least %50 from the midpoint in order for me to actually move the fader on traktor. This started happening with the new traktor.

6. My cue button activates the on function on the third effect for Deck A but it wont actually engage it. Meaning in traktor it turns orange but in my sound output you never hear it the effect.

7. In FX Deck B, the 2nd light button doesn't turn on but activates the function in traktor.

8. The 3rd Fix light in FX Deck B turns on both itself and the 2nd light button. But it does activate its function thru traktor.

9. I was not able to load effects thru the Wet/Dry knob only thru their respected effect knobs. Im not sure what I did wrong their but maybe im not doing something correctly. Im holding down the load effect button and then I move the W/D knob and nothing happens.

10. My still ongoing issue, when I deck copy it doesnt continue the track, it pauses it. When I press play, it will start playing from the nearest cue point.

MY SETUP

MBP 15" (Late 08)
    Mac OSX 10.5.6
    Traktor Pro 1.0.2.011
    VCI-100 SE
    Audio 8 DJ
    Thank Ya!!!

Tech Convert

hi, i found this bugs:

The 3rd FX button is not activating the FX. It lights up but it doesn't activate nothing in traktor, this is both on Deck A and B

Volume fader on VCI-100 has to be moved away, at least %50 from the midpoint to move the fader on traktor.

setup:

windows xp sp3
    traktor pro v1.02.011
    fastrack pro
    vci-100 se 1.3

sorry guys- there are a few bugs there that I will fix. This one was not tested too extensively because its more of a test to see how you like the FX. Feedback?

The FX section is simply Great! Love the intuitive approach. Very easy to opperate and very hard to fuck up

Tech Convert

thanks Ean your job is fantastic. I love the previous version, with the new 1.5 the Fx Theory change a lot for my taste and the black overlay don't match 100% with the new FX section, but is the progress ;-), do you think "update" the overlay with the time?, thankyou.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by eangolde View Post
    sorry guys- there are a few bugs there that I will fix. This one was not tested too extensively because its more of a test to see how you like the FX. Feedback?
    I like the FX layout. Having all the parameters available for the delay/gater/m drive is a big plus.

I do, however, think the fader fx on 1.4 was slightly better. The ability to hold the filter button to engage fader fx mode was really helpful.

I've incorporated the FX Unit Toggle into all of my TSI files. I'm going to do the same for this as being able to toggle an fx unit on/off for each deck seems even more relevant now.
    I started earlier but started getting some strange behaviour so need to check it out thoroughly.

I'm guessing the auto play function after copy between decks is an NI bug ?
    I can't find an easy solution to it.

Tech Mentor

PERSONAL OPINION

1. I love the way you setup the effects its right on with traktor, please dont change the new setup.

2. The deck c functions, I dont like them. I feel that section should not include anything but effect functions. Maybe, a continuation of deck c and d fx's, will be good.

3. For VCI-100 SE owners or any VCI-100, Is there a way we can get an option for metal overlays rather than wraps.
    Thank Ya!!!

Quote Originally Posted by luv2xra View Post
    PERSONAL OPINION

2. The deck c functions, I dont like them. I feel that section should not include anything but effect functions. Maybe, a continuation of deck c and d fx's, will be good.
    I also think this section should be souly for effects. It keeps the layout simple and intuitive. Great work though

Tech Wizard

I only got spend maybe 5-10 minutes this morning on it. I felt that finding the effect I wanted to load into a fx slot.. was a little difficult nail down quickly. Probably just need to lower the sensitivity on the knobs for this to something more suiting for me.
    benny blanco®
    blancodisco.com

Setup: VCI-100 SE 1.4, MidiFighter, Audio 8, Audio 2, Griffin PowerMate, WD Passport 500GB, MacBookPro 8GB RAM, Uberstand, Traktor Scratch Pro 2, Trainspotter, iPhone 4, TouchOSC & Noel's 4D Templates

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast